kate5kiwis: ramble on

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

ramble on

i have this thing about wearing jeans pretty much every day - even in the classroom.
they're comfortable, i can crawl on the floor with the kids, and i am not constantly twitching my clothes back into place.
but today i wore a skirt to uni (cos i did a presentation, and tried the time-honoured trick of dressing up to give me an exterior of professionalism) and guess what? three of the *cool kids* (yeah, there are cliques in uni classes - believe it) zipped past and exclaimed what a cool and funky skirt i had on. of course i couldn't resist telling them i'd made it out of an old sheet. lol.

and the other studenty news is that i've already done 15% of assignments for curriculum integration (aka unschooling in the classroom - amazing paper, i'm loving every second) and tomorrow and froiday (i'm procrastinating) i am doing my assessment assignment - worth 35% (that word still gives me the oookies. actually, both A words do) and then i am going to start my multiliteracies assignment (35%).
right now, i'm preparing a teacher interview for wednesday (worth 20% - oh how unfriendly percentages look in this context).
and pouring a second glass of wine.
maybe it'd be more profitable to become a viticulturalist...?

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Yo! Go fashion icon!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Sharonnz said...

Unschooling in the classroom - intrigueing - that would make a good convo over a glass of wine, I'm sure;-) As for cliques - I'm sure they're even in old folks homes;-)

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I'm loving the positive energy that's bouncing off you (and your skirt!) right now!

I just went back and read your 'unschooling' link and am so in awe of all that you and your hubbie have done and are continuing to do. You are the most incredible parents. I like that you write it how it is too - wonderful - but at times difficult and needing time to find your way - but you always have this amazing, undying inner confidence that you will find your way and succeed - and that is the magic ingredient.

Very best wishes to you and your wonderful whanau!

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Katie. You are powering into things. While in the mood keep on going I say. I know the feeling - we started back at college this week and I got all scared at the thought of assignments and such - silly really because they are all spread out but having them looming makes me want to finish them in one foul swoop!
You go my cool chicky - little do you know everyone is looking at you now and wishing they were YOU.
xx

3:53 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

I'd never thought about integration/inquiry as unschooling, puts it in a whole new (even more) positive light for me. I can't imagine you being anything other than totally cool - sheety skirt or not!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home