kate5kiwis: last rites, bits and bites

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, February 27, 2009

last rites, bits and bites

i have had a recurring dream throughout my life. i'm wandering aimlessly around my high school looking for, but not finding my classroom. every time i turn the corner and look up the stairs the view is the same as the last corner and staircase i just turned and climbed. 'tis like something out of David Bowie's Labyrinth -
you remind me of the babe. what babe? the babe with power. what power? the power of voodoo. who do? you do? do what? remind me of the babe...

and round and round in ever-increasing nightmarish circles.

so this afternoon i popped into town to negotiate the university campus. egads. i'm so thankful for lovely smiling peeps who greeted me at all the info desks and gently decoded fine print for this blondie. and i start classes on monday - in the correct lecture theatre.

so today was Bulldog's last day at skool. he sent me an email on wednesday to ask if i'd make a Big Fat Chocolate Cake for his speshal morning tea shout for all the teechahs. but i couldna make a Big Fat Chocolate Cake big enough for fifty peeps. thank God for my cupcake angel who spent three hours yesterday, helping me to bake and ice eleventy billion divine cupKATEs -

lime and chocolate, and passionfruit and cream cheese.
everyone absolutely adored them - i am quite the celebrity!!!

of course ya can't have just one Leaving Party - there's another plan hatching for the after-school-drinkies. Bulldog's partner-in-crime was gonna dash out at lunchtime to get his hair cut and dyed blonde and his ear pierced (like BD's summer manoeuvre) and get them matching tshirts. uh - serious *cringe* factor. i do hope someone takes a photo...

7 Comments:

Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

YUM! We never get shouts like that in the staffroom ;-) Hope you have a great time at skool next week.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Setiuz Mama said...

You're a legend Kate! They look divine. You can do a shout anytime with those. BD is a lucky man.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Those cupcakes look rather professional! Sure they were a big hit.

In my high school dreams I'm usually realizing I signed up for a class and I never attended it, three or four weeks later.

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your so clever with those cupcakes

all the best for next week ill be thinking of you

for years after i left uni i had recurring dream that i had one last paper to do and i kept not handing in my assignments in
i would have to reassure myself that i actually did have my bachelor

jen

6:02 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I still dream about school and college - but no surprise as I'm at Uni part-time completing a degree... but my school dreams regulalry morph into Harry Potter scenarios. It's quite fun.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Hey Kate, hope this week is an exciting one for you:-) I remember going along the bus route and around the hospital buildings so I knew I wasn't going to get lost and be late for my first day of radiography!!!!

Those cupcakes look divine.....you have given me an idea for a principal's shout sometime......except I think I would have to make double the amount.....might have to enlist some help!!! How did the lime flavour work...just in the icing or the cupcake too? Love Rx

7:42 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

gorgeous dreamers
thanks again so much for all the lurve - sorry i am less than prolific with the comments lately - am busy whizzy doing some pre-reading for uni and have less than usual brain cells...
rosie
ang and i made four dozen cupcakes - took three hours from go to woah cos the little beauties take time to cool before icing. she has a buttercream cupcake recipe which we used for the lot. then we piped passionfruit/cream cheese icing (the usual buttercream stuff) and drizzled passionfruit on top. but EGADS! we ran out so made some more and added a few drops of lime essence and green stuff. and made the choc squiggles.
c'est tout. that's all.
lol mwah X
PS i hope you know the rule for when you make someone else's recipe - you need to post a cupKATE to her!!!
PPS they freeze overnight and defrost beautifully at room temp the next morning - takes two hours! just watch the 100km roads in transit...

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home