kate5kiwis: bikini babes

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

bikini babes

today at the beach you leaned over and grabbed my hand as we lay in the sand and we were leetle girls again, sharing souls and sunshine and poetry and petit paris snapshots and all our guts and garters and i found myself unbelieveably thankful for all the history and family memories and sisterness that we share.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww how lovely.

And don't you look so similar. Amazing.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

That was so sweet. I want a sister. :-) Brothers toss sand at the beach.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Wish I was closer to one of my sisters. That photo is so nice.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Makes me want to grab my two sisters and drag them off to the nearest beach...!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

yummy... love the friends we share our guts and garters with. She's gorgeous xx

7:48 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

You know, there is no one closer than a sister. You share Mother DNA, Father DNA, same childhood experiences.

When my sis died -- there aren't words for how that feels. But, everything we shared lives on, is a part of me in a way that no one else shares. Something to treasure.

It made me really angry when people said, "I know how you feel" after she died. They meant well, but they did NOT know how losing a sister feels. God.

You guys look happy and sunshiney! My sis could rock the bikini look, but give me an old lady one-piece bathing suit, please!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

how speical
is there just the 2 of you and whose the oldest
Jen http://romans1513.wordpress.com/

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Enjoy your time together.

6:15 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

hello beautiful people -
my confession is that i have always wanted a sister and i am so thankful for the people in my life who are *soul sistas* - we're not related by blood - but it feels as though we are - i love that level of comfort X

3:59 PM  
Blogger Setiuz Mama said...

Looks like catching up with S.H. was a blast and oh so refreshing for you. Funny how others have commented that you look alike.....People used to ask Sarah G. if I was her little sista...esp when my hair was long and bit blond. Gotta love that. Have a FAB weekend with all (maybe not Dan?) the kidz home. Loves!!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home