kate5kiwis: identifiKATEd

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Saturday, February 07, 2009

identifiKATEd

over this beautifully long, hot, three day weekend, while the kids've been splashing in the pool, Bulldog and i've been cleaning out our room. last year's homeskool books have made their way into a box and i've chucked out half of my clothes. the old, yukky, non-student ones. and *bonus* i found two dresses that'll be great for The Classroom. short and sweet, and hippie looking.
a-n-y-w-a-y i came across this -
which is nineteen year old Katie at the beginning of my third year at Teacher's College - that would be twenty years ago! pre kids! (well, actually i did have a wee bun in the oven when the camera clicked)
i used to have to perm my hair to get it to look like that, you know. and it looks like i put on mascara and lippy especially for the photo moment. i had contact lenses back then, too. but these days i am way too impatient to weather the discomfort of a piece of plastic scratching my eyeball with every blink, hence the glasses for this week's new student ID card
the hair is getting wilder
and the grin is getting cheesier.


11 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

You are beautiful. And you were beautiful.. although for a moment I thought that was a picture of your Woozie.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

I totally agree, Woozie is you all over again! Half-price movie tickets and standby flights to ChCh. I really like your Naked Bus idea...

6:52 PM  
Blogger Sharonnz said...

I suspect I had a similar hair-do 20 years ago too;-) Lovely to see the same studenty enthusiasm in both pics!!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heehee, I LOVED seeing your two student ID's together! You give me so much hope.
xxoo,
a.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

So does your hair just grow like that now? Curly?

10:40 PM  
Blogger Katepai said...

You are too gorgeous. I have had my giggle. Could've been looking at myself... but I didn't have to perm. My hair is getting wilder too. Did I tell you I'm growing it???

Kate

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grrrh I just lost my comment. Stupid connection. It is the ONE thing I miss here - my connection in the UK was faultless.

What did I say? Yes, the young you does look like your daughter. And doesn't time go fast. I am seeing my old ex for the first time in 21 years next week - how can it have been that long. Scary! I imagine her how she was when I last saw her but she won't be of course. Neither am I. Yikes.

Glad school went OK. It did here too. The boys loved it.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Big grins are only ever hearty and heartening - never cheesy! ;-)

2:02 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

You were a cutie! And you did look a lot like your daughter. Think how much more you'll get out of school now with your vast experience. :)

5:52 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

Oh how cool is that! Shoot girl, you look like your woozie! Love the comparison too xx

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - if you had bangs you would still look the same! LOL. You haven't aged at all - the only difference is the bangs, the glasses and the intensity of blondeness! You is absolutely GOR-jussssss! :)

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home