kate5kiwis: take your protein pills and put your helmet on...

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

take your protein pills and put your helmet on...

there was a real Commencing Countdown, Engines On... moment here this morning. mick was absolutely breathless and running in circles by quarter to eight - with three quarters of an hour to go before ETA at school.
bed made and bedroom tidy - check.

bag packed - check.
lunch made (by self!) - check.

school uniform and shoes on - check.
(katie's temperature checked - check.)

so we put the oven timer on. and pretty much got the minute by minute countdown.
at six minutes to go, we could bear it no longer, so whizzed outside with the camera.
and then mummy AND DADDY! took the little lads up the road to their new classrooms. fabulous. it was so lovely having The Dawg there to hold our hands - well, my hand.
at eight thirty, we left the lads ecstatically exploring their new environment and whizzed off to the pool. Bulldog is my personal trainer - i'm going to attempt my second triathlon - i need to learn to swim more than 50 metres without gasping for air. this morning i managed to thrash about 24 lengths - freestyle, gasp, breaststroke, gasp, freestyle, gasp, gasp, freestyle, gasp, backstroke kick only, choke on water, gasp, freestyle.... but 24 lengths is twice the triathlon distance of 300 metres (yep, it's only a Pretend Triathlon - and it's in four weeks. and it's in the sea. so i will have to keep my mouth shutter. or really choke.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Katepai said...

go you with the swimming. I'm pretty sure I couldn't even swim a length. I am impressed. Hope all had a great day at school.

x x x

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh, your swim today sounds like my swim in my triathlon last weekend!!

your "second" triathlon - shadie katie, I didnt know you'd already done one! Well come on then, tap into the old memory banks and pull out the chip!

4:00 PM  
Blogger The Gorgeous Debbie said...

I have been thinking about you all day, sweetie, wondering if you're enjoying the start of the 'speedy' bit of the freefall ride?

I see you've managed to earn your biscotti today, though! 24 lengths! I'm so impressed. I even told the swimming instructor today that I'd gladly be an in-pool mother help if I could learn to swim, ttoo. I usually just tell the kids to let me know if they're drowning, and then I'll jump in the car and go and get their father, and then all will be well. That's how well I can swim ;o)

5:25 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

Oooo more Romies, too cool. Our kids are not allowed to wear sandals (what's up with that? ) Have to wear stupid big clunky shoes. Go you sporty girl!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

I shudder to think what it would take to get my two out the door in time for school.

Swimming! Lucky you! I'd love to swim more but can't afford an indoor swim membership. And outdoor swimming is only practical about 3-4 months out of the year here.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Everybody looks happy. I am so impressed with your triathalon goal.. especially in seawater!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for you with the swimming!

I just went to Little Miss' school and picked up the registration package today. She is delighted. I'm still sniffing away here....missing her already!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

The boys look so wonderfully excited, and you sound so wonderfully excited! I'm looking forward to hearing lots of fun stories the next few months :)

A TRIATHLON????? You go, girl!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home