kate5kiwis

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Danny and i just shared a beautiful morning wiz coffee and croissants (movie line snippet) and a movie, which was aptly named Chaos Theory. Santa had popped the movie in Danny's stocking for Christmas and this was my first viewing. i loved it - the whole moment - and this quote too:
You know, Frank, if you're gonna go nuts,
you should really have a god or a dog talking to you.
Index cards are not that sexy!

cos, yeah, there've been a few nutsville/making lists moments in my head lately. and i cannot find my muse with The Artsy February That Was Gonna Be.

there was a photo arrangement in the movie which captured my imagination though. on the wall of the lounge was a series of facial portraits, like the ones ya take in a photo booth, all different expressions. they were mounted in rows of fives, and i am thinking of repliKATEing them on the blue wall in our lounge - i'll definitely include this one:
cos it speaks to me of summer and Danny putting his arms around my neck yesterday and looking down at me and saying, "Mum, do you know how much I love you?"
yep.

6 Comments:

Blogger oacemama said...

Lovin that photo idea. Cool pic of D.

BTW...did you get my hanging with Sha email?

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

catching up on posts I've missed. wow, such big changes. our first week of school after only ever homeschooling felt overwhelming.

schedules? homework? bedtimes? alarms? actual clothes and not pajamas?? it was crazy. i'm not sure we've adjusted, yet!!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Wow -- what a gorgeous photo, capturing that smile!

We're having some comforting bonding moments here, as well. Sweet to read about yours and Danny's. :) xoxo

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, that's so sweet and another awesome photo. If you do put together that arrangement, I'd love to see the final result.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How have you done that... grown a boy who is still so beautiful to his mummy...

oh my goodness, I get these tiny panic stations sometimes thinking my boys will "out grow" me and kisses on the lips and nudie swims in the pool - well here's hoping they will outgrow that - but ya know what I mean?? It is so inspiring to see that your big man still loves his mum like that xx

12:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Katie also loves the wall of photos idea!

Katie also can't believe that she hasn't been over to Katie's place in FOREVER!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home