kate5kiwis: nutting off

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Thursday, February 19, 2009

nutting off

just a wee head-empty. i nearly hit the wall this morning at the gym, metaphorically. i have been there too many days in a row, pushing too many weights. and lots of negative things are now going around in my head re: not enough swimming/running training for the triathlon - countdown - a little over two weeks. i tried all the head tricks this morning but ended up not completing all the sets. and my body hurts.

so here is a beautiful thing to fill up my head with.
it was part of my first evah global swap, original artwork by lizard who lives in america - it talks of adopting her daughter into her family tree. for me it symbolises A New Life, and so i have hung it over the dining table, in the heart of our home -
one day this year i hope to make a huge canvas to hang there. my muse is simmering, just like the morrocan pumpkin soup and chocolate birthday cake in my kitchen cos - countdown - a few minutes - Danny and Mum and Dad are arriving for a six day weekend! and then we'll wave Danny off to uni for another slashing year. it's hard to believe that a whole year has passed since i started my apron-strings obsession. i think that this year i'll graduate to apron-skirts.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Concentrate on the positive stuff.. and the rest will follow! :-)

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous piece of art and I love that it speaks of the artist's adopted daughter - what a wonderful way to show her how loved she is. I love where you have placed it and if you do put up a canvas there, I'd love to see how it looks. Keep us posted.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you gotta kick that muse in the butt and get going!! I have got to see what skatey katey would paint on a big ol' canvas. Your free spirit holding a paint brush...helloooo, magic!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home