kate5kiwis: summer daze

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Monday, January 05, 2009

summer daze

when sands through the hourglass slow their drifted pace

and every sunshine adventure mooted is met with a resounding yes!

self-picked frozen berries make the most delicious daiquiris

and nectarines filled with hot sunshine are cooled to liquid pleasure.


when hazy days splash into surfy dinners,

through days and weeks and almost over a year,

laced with the comings and goings of delightful visitors

and time takes on a fijian hue – life happens whenever we get there.


when everything regains its darker chocolate coating

and happy little espressos magically appear,

borne by my repierced poet who regains his vigour and vision

as his hair and heart both lighten in the heat.


ah, endless summer, how i love thee.



6 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

ah for those of immersed in winter gloom this is hopefully a magical taste of good times to come... thank you!

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bloglines is ignoring you! Eeeek!

This is beautiful. I can taste it. You are the word queen.

Today was my first dose of back to reality, spending the day cleaning the house :(. And then, I saw a catalogue saying, end of season sale wha????!!!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah summer - I can't wait. Only four weeks to go.

We use the "through days and weeks and almost over a year" line here in this house all the time so it was funny to see it there!

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Endless summer - what a great phrase. I love the whole idea of it. Your poem is beautiful and I got a good smile when I heard your current music! :) Love ya!

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and a magnificiant poet to boot.
You amaze and inspire me daily.
xxoo,
a.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

I LOVE this, the more I read it the more I love it. It's going straight to the pool room... I mean into my new 2009 diary. And guess what it's doing here today? Yup... raining. xxx

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home