kate5kiwis: dupliKATE

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

dupliKATE

a wee while ago, during a beach holiday, i spotted this gorgeous beanie (on a poster in the window of a surf shop) and immediately coveted it.

not being a knitter, i came up with a cunning plan, Baldrick. yep, i bribed the fabulous sharon to knit it for me, in exchange for a sparkle. and this morning, we had grand occasion to sing our favourite song: here's the mail, it never fails, it makes me wanna wag my tail... when it comes i wanna wail, "MA-A-A-A-A-A-I-I-I-I-L!!!!!"
cos lookit:
and lookit: now i really *am* the ROXY girl.

(sharon, your sparkles will be in the mail as soon as i find the perfick beads! oh, and read the book lol. this - on the first page - has me already: I never liked jazz music because jazz music doesn't resolve. But I was outside the Bagdad Theatre in Portland one night when I saw a man playing the saxophone. I stood there for fifteen minutes, and he never opened his eyes. After that I liked jazz music. Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way. that really resonates with me. and i love it that the book's cover is already dog-eared.)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hat. Clever girls doing swapsies instead of spending dollars. Love it. Babe, I have heard about that book through some other funky people, can I please borrow after you to have a wee squizzy.

Hope you had some nice sunshiney moments today. I had one big one *SHINE* moment yesterday, going through the old Shine brochures and thank you cards, and just had the biggest reminisce, your gorgeous mug with B on our first brochure, and all the fun stuff we did (maybe you and I should get a room for this converstaion!) but I just wanted to say We were young, we were innocent - and IT WAS REAL!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Sharonnz said...

It fits;-) LOVE that "dirty" pink on your blondie curls too. Keep hold of the book and pass it around to whomever you think will get a buzz from it.

6:34 PM  
Blogger oacemama said...

lOVING THAT HAT...

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah!! Love love the hat!! :)

PS: We like Blue's Clues here, too. Hee.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

The beanie rocks! It will keep your curly blond noggin warm while you curl up with book and chocolate. :) Lovely.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

That is a great hat!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

I love the hat! Maybe someday I'll be able to knit something like that.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Oh, and speaking of Blue's Clues, we have a little table by our front door which has been permanently christened Side Table Drawer.

2:04 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

How cool are you? Totally hip trendy Mumma! I had envisioned a fun day of shopping and hot chocolates and thrifting but instead I'm stuck at home with Mr Happy. Watching The Iron Giant for the millionth time. Shoot me now.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Louise said...

Wow! What a cool hat. Sharon is so clever.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home