kate5kiwis: hindsight

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

hindsight

i'm suddenly six again,
upsidedownhandstanding
on the grassy bank
with skirts gravitating
to reveal summer pyjamas and
long red nails with broken
chalk pieces jumbling a
stolenstampcollection
which doesn't sound so bad
when it's said onewordish like that.

and it's turning too fast,
this mouse-wheel of achievement
objectives and learning intentions
and plans and assessments.
they're clouding my vision
and all i can see is upside down
whispering grass and dandelions
which are threatening to blow away,
splatting on a strawberry screen
and i just want to cram everything
into my paddington backpack
and littleredbicycleaway.

11 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

There comes a point in every work day when I'd quite happily littleredbicycleaway...

Lovely poem. ;-)

2:45 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I love this poem! "mouse-wheel of achievement"... lovely.

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I love the way you've linked the words. I take it this poem has something to do with your studies and all the learning objectives and assessments little'uns are put through these days? Urging us all to remember the simple, precious things in life, like the dandelion heads, full of seeds, being blown to the four winds, casting a hundred wishes?
I love this Katie x

7:20 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

Love xxx

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Embejo said...

Oh Katie, I've been a slack slack commenter, but just had to stop and click to say that I loved loved loved this!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

All of this studying has caused you to become very introspectivish! Thank you for keeping us updated on your Life As Katie!

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear - I have a tear in my eye. Thank you! x

12:44 PM  
Blogger Carnies said...

Love it x (My word verification is slamlish), kinda like your poem, slamlish x

2:33 PM  
Blogger Motherbird said...

You are a wonderful writer and poet! I'm glad I decided to visit your blog today. :-)

3:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"and littleredbicycleaway"... love this.

4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home