kate5kiwis: twirling awound and awound in sookles...

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

twirling awound and awound in sookles...

in the absence of anything remotely sensible (although a sensible diet is *hardly* what ya get around here) we have a sort of Cut-And-Paste-Part-Of-An-Email-And-Call-It-A-Blog-Post kinda post. except the PSs. the PSs i wrote speshally for here lol:

ha!!! i've had one of THOSE days where ya arrive at the gym rather late and so there's only the cross-trainer left... at which point ya get the blonde-brainwave to do *thirty* minutes non-stop on the blessed machine... and nearly need a resuscitation... then ya *forget* to put the whole week's rubbish out at the gate... and have to negotiate food shopping at push'n'shove *without* the list cos ya've lost it... and can *not* remember what ya wanted... and ya get to the hair cutters with three-would-be-styley-lads... but the hair cutters send ya home again to wash yer kids' hair... and so ya arrive home again to find that it's STORMED on two loads of today's washing *and* the day-before-yesterday's washing too... and so you sort of drift aimlessly from pile to pile... until ya decide to make mushrooms in lime-infused avocado oil... and then ya remember dinner... so ya whang poh-tay-tohs (which y'are gonna be avoiding) into the oven... and think about making a delish greek salad to go with (cos ya did remember *those* ingredients at push'n'shove)... while the other oven that ya sprayed three weeks ago and *still* haven't wiped out continues its self-cleaning manoeuvre... and you go off and sew another apron... X

PS i know i *say* i'm only writing to myself here, but please oh please tell me you know *someone* else out there who has days like this too?

PPS huge apologies for my lack of Return-Comment-Love here lately... i have only uncountable *blonde* excuses... i'll endeavour to be a sweet reciproKATIE today X

11 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

oh Katie what a day youve had
i sincerely hope tomorrow will be better for you
HUGS
Jen

6:24 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

All those endorphins are pinging around your brain. Ping! Ping! Ping!

I hate forgetting the list. I always forget something vital. And I thought cleaning the oven was turning it up to 500 and letting it bake everything off for a coupla hours. Viola -- wipe the ash out and it's clean. Sort of.

Tomorrow will be better? :)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

Ah... and your point is??? Mate, this aint blonde, this is living!! Sounds like a fairly routine day in the life of Ang ... last Friday forgot to put the rubblish out, so we are shoving this weeks rubbish in the already full bin from last week... always write a list but never shop to it, and washing stays on the line through rain hail and shine, then gets pulled in when hubby cant find any undies for work!! Take heart my dear, you are in good company x

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like most of my days. I seem to trail through them in a disorganised fashion, forgetting this and that and making life unnecessarily difficult for myself.

But these days I am so used to them they don't affect me at all - I am immune to the chaos around me and just flutter through it oblivious.

Hope your Thursday is better! Thursdays usually are!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Oh sweetie! I have days like that all the time. The only difference is that you actually seemed to accomplish a few things in the midst of it. Me.. I get a book and give up.

Laura? You wipe the ash out?

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw Katie! What happened to your washing zen?! Never mind...
tee hee.....last time I took my kiddos for a hair cut at the el cheapo joint they asked me if they'd washed their hair that day. I said no...then they said when did they last wash their hair? I couldn't remember for the life of me. The lady gave me a *look*...so I laughed and said I was a busy mamma of three and had plenty of other more important things to remember lol. (she cut their hair and commented that it felt clean enough. ahem.)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Mama said there'd be days like this...

Things are pretty hectic around here at the moment too. We're doing a huge clean-up and have only gotten to the point where everything is at its messiest. I'm feeling so overwhelmed!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Nova said...

dude.. you did exercise full stop, made another apron! that counts as a good day, the rest we can forget about ;)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

Well I've totally hit rock bottom... I'm sitting here staring at the computer screen because I can't remember the thing I thought I must remember to tell Katie cos it would cheer her up no end. Nope. Still can't remember it.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
A.A.Milne

10:39 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

oh happy, happy day!!!

jen
thanks for the love! mwah X

laura
love your oven cleaning tricksy. fabulous. i wiped mine out, it took five minutes lol. ah, my crazee little cranium! mwah X

ang
ha! your bin buzz is the same as mine!! that's too funny. who needs bins when ya've got cupcakes though huh? mwah X

RB
fluttering through chaos. love that imagery! mwah X

gina
a book? oh you mean those things with "pages"? that you use your mouse-clicking-finger to turn?? mwah X

e
ha! that's exactly what happened, 'cept my Hair Cutter Lady is a washing nazi. but hey, all cut now and feeling fabulous, awesome. mwah X

barb
love that song. it reminds me of One Fine Day (the movie). love that movie.
i know the overwhelmed feeling well.
sometimes i mutter to myself: how do ya eat an elephant? mwah X

nova
love your thought process. i'd say the cup is half full... (another movie line, same movie lol) mwah X

floss
ha! you blondie. but i'm feeling the lurve nonetheless. the sun is shining, the birds are singing... mwah X

hay
A.A. Milne is one of my gurus. my sidebar luffs you to the library and back! mwah X

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home