kate5kiwis: The Flight of The Stargazer

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Flight of The Stargazer

The birds they fly the Summer skies,
And I want to be free.
The horses run the grassy meadows,
But I want to be free.
The beavers build their peaceful dams,
Still I want to be free.
The lizards laze in the desert sun,
Oh, when will I be free?

I climbed the Northern crags,
But still I wasn't free.
I raced the Eastern slopes,
But still I wasn't free.
I swam the Southern seas,
But still I wasn't free.
I rode the Western desert,
But still I wasn't free.

"Magic is the answer,"
Said an old wise man.
And he drew a circle on the ground,
And said a magic word.

And I opened my eyes
For the very first time.

Magic was everywhere,
In water, earth, and sky,
And instead of being free
I had a sudden urge to fly.
The birds took me up
And I drank the stars,
And ate the sun,
And rested in the moon.

"I won't be free until I die,"
I was thinking, when I landed,
"Until I fly where nought has flown
And a chance of life I am handed."

(written by our very own
J12, Resident Poet -
this morning's soulful ponderings.
)

7 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

Go J!

12:18 PM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

Really WOW - very impressive.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Given me peace this morning. Thank you.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Kate, Katy, Katarina said...

That's amazing!! He's got a real gift!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Carnies said...

O M G!

A.maze.ing!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Antipo Déesse said...

Such talent! That poem took me completely out of myself and onto another planet...

10:14 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

I love that! (Tried to leave a comment yesterday, but our computer is acting up, and I got kicked off! Again!) He has a real gift. xxx

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home