kate5kiwis: reciproKATE

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, August 15, 2008

reciproKATE

my virtual friend jacinta likes her coffee strong and hot, just like me. she's incredibly creative, and has a wonderful baltic amber necklace threading groove going on. she also makes beautifully handcrafted silver jewellery, in the sunshine,
at the bottom of the south island.

i've had my eye on jacinta's stuff for rather a while, and a couple of weeks ago she generously agreed to a swapsie. would you believe it, jacinta's favourite colour is *red*... and mine is *sunshine yellow*... so my half of the swap is *surprise!* a blurry apron (which is actually rather gorgeous IRL, if i say so myself. yep, nothing's denting katie's self esteem lol)
with a chookmook pocket:
and oh. my. freaking. giddy. aunt.
lookit what the courier just delivered:

unbelievably exquisite. but wait. there's more:
which came with our very own poem:
Katie and Bulldog
up a tree
KISS
ING
lol... must have been some kissing tree,
with five beautiful talented kiddos

*love* it. love both the necklaces so *sunshine*ly much that i can't decide which one to wear, so i'm wearing them *both*. how's THAT for a *sparkly* day?
PS if ya luffs them as much as i do and wanna snag your very own, jacinta has an etsy shop.


15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, beautiful apron, beautiful necklaces, beautiful ladies!

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning, Katie! The apron is so yummy and the necklaces....beautiful. :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

Oh wow... I think I've found my birthday prezzie. They are gorgeous! Love the apron too - you are so on a roll...

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kate,

love those necklaces, I turn 40 shortly and that might be a good pressie i've e mailed her etsy shop to Merlin! Gorgeous apron. I'm going to be making some aprons soon for My friend and I scrapbooking classes that we take so I'll e mail you a pic.

kate

Kate

3:54 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Ooohhhh, i am so jealous! They are beautiful!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

your necklace with all your names on it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a good weekend my friend

HUGS
Jen

6:15 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Those necklaces are so simple yet so fabulous! I love them :)

2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the bloggy love ... I love my apron.

I'll let you in on a little secret - I'm too scared to get it dirty, lol.

And a wee message from Aaron: "tell her, her music rocks!". He's having a wee boogie to 'here comes the sun'.

Hope you guys have a great weekend. It's brrr chilly here, and we're off swimming soon (indoors).

PS: thanks for the Etsy linkage, you must have the magic sparkly touch - I've just had a couple of sales ;)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

You are quite the apron maker! Good work on both your parts. Hope you're enjoying the weekend.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Louise said...

Oh wow, that sounds like one fantastic swap! Your applique is impressive and I'm in love with that necklace.

4:51 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

hay
oh thank you dahling... yeah, can't take the necklaces off lol. mwah X

sarah
yes, i am in heaven! mwah X

flossy
awesome, yes: i say GET ONE!! or two!!! they are really exquisite IRL. mwah X

kate
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
yay... here come the "norty forty" jokes lol.
wow you are making aprons too?? can't wait to see the pix! mwah X

jess
very very beautiful. i think you need one or two too lol. mwah X

jen
thanks, the weekend was awesome, loved every second! mwah X

liesl
me too. and so intriKATE. i seriously wouldn't trust my patience level making them! mwah X

jacinta
*WOOT WOOT* so glad you are getting some etsy-lurve. you are talented, girlie... i've had heaps of luffly comments from all who've seen them around my neck already!!! thank you so much. mwah X

barb
yeah, i loved this swap so much. the apron-making was so much fun and i'm so glad jacinta loves it as much as i do! mwah X

louise
woah, you make my heart sing with that appliqué comment... cos you are the crafty-chick-extraordinaire!! mwah X

6:03 PM  
Blogger Cally said...

Love the necklaces- but the aprons - I've been trying to resist but I'm gonna have to make one - some - lots.... Actually, I've been meaning to make some aprons for literally years - long before I saw your blog, but since then the urge has been growing. Not that I've ever made one! Still gotta be a first time. (and a second, third, fourth, twentieth etc I suspect!)Gotta finish the shirts I've started first tho. Probably...

9:33 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Your parents were wise indeed!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

I watched the DVD with Meredith a few months ago and we both liked it. She kept trying to find "Girl" on itunes, but no on itunes, we forgot. I did find the short version Jim Sturgess sang in the movie.

Excellent review from BullDog! Now you have both made me want to watch it again!

(If I want to watch a movie with Mark, it has to be an action flick: Indiana Jones, Pirates, World War II movies. Hey, that reminds me -- have you guys seen "The Great Escape"? That's one everyone here will watch. :)

8:47 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

We watched this movie with friends a couple of months back and I was surprised at how much I loved it. Not a big beatles fan but I LOVED the way many of these songs were sung.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home