kate5kiwis: monocular vision

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, August 08, 2008

monocular vision

a series of cross-purposed escalators
ascending in a diagonal haze.
the fragile ellipsis of word play
lining notebook pages.
layers of patchy cement dust
scudding across the horizon.
a labyrinth of steps colliding
in an escherial disappearing act.
eyes lifting upwards, outwards, onwards.
disjointed lyrics drifting
circularly in my spaghetti skull
as the voice of change crescendos within,
caressing internal and external forward momentum.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Unsettling, isn't it? Hook your wagon to the hope part of change, and it will carry you through -- at least, that's what I'm aiming for. Love your words. I think I'll copy them and carry them in my pocket -- Hey! My apron pocket!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

I am coming to your house to hear your heart and get more details;-)
It'll be a late couplea nights.

as for the 8-0-8-0, made me think of 0800-838383 so I guess we'll eat pizza on the Saturday night OK!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

"my spaghetti skull"... oh I've got one of those too!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

I have to get out my dictionary to look up a couple of those words hunny, but I love the expression. I remember you telling me once that playing with words is usually something we do when we are processing big stuff! I got a bit of momentum from the New Beginnings of 08-08-08...will see how long that lasts!

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home