kate5kiwis: Sporty Spice

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sporty Spice

The *E* word. Exercise.
It's not my favourite.
I don't get a buzz from
*running around the block:
so boring, hurts my legs, or
*exercycles: so boring, no one to talk to, or
*swimming lengths: so boring, can't breathe.
(i think there is a pattern here)

For moi, exercise has to be Pain-Free, preferably Fun and With People. Oh, I do like skiing. Or I did, two decades ago when I last hit the slopes. Probably cos that's Pain-Free (Katie, ski to the *side* of the big rock), Fun, and With People.

So it's a big surprise that I've hit the Gym.
Not being a Sporty Spice an' all.
But yesterday I heard the sweetest words coming from Bulldog's lips:
"You've got abs!"
Say it again.
"I can see your abs. You've got a pack!"
I think his forty year old eyes need glasses!
Just call me Mel C and sign me up for a world tour.
Oh, unsign me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! You go girl!!!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Abs. I have them too, ya just can't see them ;) xxxx

6:36 PM  
Blogger Setiuz Mama said...

Yeah you go gal! You've joined my party!! You'll feel great after a few weeks and it's relatively painless if you do it right. I've just had two weeks off (after unfortunate accident falling of chair on top of desk hanging stuff in husbands classroom....OUCH!!) and I've really felt the difference in the energy department.....feeling sluggish.....hmmmm might need to drag my sorry ass out of bed at 6am tomorrow to remedy that!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Hey, Kate -- you're tagged! With all of the extra exercise energy, you should hit the ground running with this!:)http://centerdownhome.blogspot.com/

1:06 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

I hate exercise too. But in Ohio during the winter there's not much to do but hit the gym, or the exercycle. Unless you can afford to ski, and who skis everyday anyway? Hope your exercise goes well for you.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Minnesota Matron said...

Exercise addict here. I run four miles a day in the COLD and ICE. But I listen to public (think left) talk radio while I jog and find it totally entertaining. I just started doing sit ups after realizing that I could replace that bulge at the tummy with a pack, a rack, the real ab thing. This is important because the matron, she is skinny everywhere else, including her breasts (which left her) so the tummy stands out!

COngrats. . .

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home