kate5kiwis: "I've made a lot of special modifications myself..."

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Saturday, February 09, 2008

"I've made a lot of special modifications myself..."

hmmm, one of my fave movie lines.
it's
so *GEEKY* yet so versatile.
little clue: the movie is Star Wars (the one that came out in the cinema when i was nearly eight!) but WHO says it and WHEN?


ok, on with the Garden Update:
we've been living out here all Summer, but *sob* guess what? i have managed to nearly kill the gardenia which sprouted all sorts of fresh green foliage during January and even made these flowers for Heath,

and then promptly got aphids. the advice was to pour soapy water on the leaves and the aphids would fly away in disgust. *blonde* moi got all gung-ho and sprayed the entire bush with disinfectant. oops. it promptly dropped half of its leaves and needed the Big Rinse and Hair Cut. so now it's a third of the size and all twiggy and flowerless *sob*

that modification is *not* so special.

but this one is:
Bulldog aka Grand Poo Bah Mason
and D18 have decided to concrete the pond.
and *look* at our Absolutely Divine Passionfruit,
which we're planning to scoop onto the top of a Great NZ Pavlova to celebrate when Greg and Em get here in a week!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Passionfruit
I should try growing them again
I use to have them in Auckland
until the lawn mowing man run over them

Im also thinking of putting a vege garden in

Jen

12:39 PM  
Blogger Mrs. G. said...

Gardenias are my favorite flower, and I can't grow them in my area. Thanks for sharing yours.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

"Help you I can, yes." It's not that I'm a Star Wars geek exactly but my kids love the movies so I've listened to them many times over while doing something else... usually sewing.
Han Solo to Luke Skywalker when Luke calls Han's ship a piece of junk. We quote Yoda a lot around here :-)

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Han Solo was SO hot.

Have a wonderful time with Greg and Em, we have Poppa here that week, not quite the same excitement, but heck, anyone will do. xxxx

10:33 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Mmmmm, passionfruit. So exotic!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, um, is passionfruit supposed to look like that?

5:14 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

jen
herbs, herbs, herbs.
start with planting herbs.
i have loved my herbs. and the passionfruit. the rest has been a two minute wonder, seriously. well, i'm about to dig up the poh-tay-toes X

mrs gee
i am about to search high and low for a replacement gardenia cos the other one is so sad and leafless X

little miss flossy
you crack me up chick, love dat yoda, we do X

hay
i liked luke, then.
i love han, now... X

liesl
yep, it is so delish X

transplanting moi
ummm, yes *giggle* X

5:37 PM  
Blogger Minnesota Matron said...

I am openly envious! These photos are stunning (I can't hold a camera still) and your material, well. Look out my window and I see telephone wires covered in dirty ice, a gray backyard alley below and the temperature has warmed thirty degrees to 23 ABOVE zero. I was considering myself lucky. Just goes to show that sometimes, that grass it is greener on the other side of the fence.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home