kate5kiwis: skitey katie

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Thursday, January 10, 2008

skitey katie

just an incredibly narcissistic announcement that i can finally do The Pilates Sit Up that i've been desperately trying to do for A WHOLE YEAR, watching enviously as BOTH HUBBY AND MY MUM effortlessly execute the mo-o-o-ves during The Pilates DVD.

of course, every time i try to do this i hear Marie Winsor's ethereal tone telling me step by step what to do:
1. lie on your back and tighten rock hard abs WobblyMummyTummy:
2. now swing your arms up and sit up
3. reach right over past your toes
4. lie down slowly *vertebrae by vertebrae*
5. now repeat... ten times slowly...

i can do five before my *Flapping Fish Stranded On Beach Impersonation* takes over.
because i am a ninja.


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee kate you are so cute.
I love your diagrams. You could make money outta that I'm sure.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

LOL
I think youd be doing than me Katie

Jen

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you are certainly looking thin, but holy moly, when did your nose get so pointy?? xxxx

1:44 PM  
Blogger oacemama said...

I can do the sitting up bit and the lowering down...but reaching to the toes...hmmm...my fingers can get halfway down my calves is all. I start fading at about 8...maybe I am cheating, cos I am sure I have less rock hard abs than you...cos even though I've only had four kiddoes to your five, the twins must count for at least 2 extras in the stretching the tummy stakes!

All that to say...WELL DONE...and when do we see ya in your pink and white bikini eh?

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your diagrams. i wouldn't be smiling tho', and i'd be sweaty hehe.

would this wobbly-mummy-tummy exercise work for sheez-my wedding-dress-is-slinkier-than-i-thought-aaahhhh-tummy???

3:07 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'll have to try this one to see what it does for my WobblyMommyTummy.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Phara said...

I've NEVER been able to do those...sigh.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a TOTAL NINJA!!

I think the only time I could do that was during childbith.....LOL!

(love the diagrams...)

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go Ninja!

Normally that's my cue to lie there and have a breather.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Setiuz Mama said...

Why the Hang do these things always look so SIMPLE when someone else is doing them......My back don't like these.......ah well.....
I was told by one of the Personal Trainers at the Gym that this Mummy tummy never REALLY goes away unless of course you have the fab genetics for it.......plastic surgery works too :-)!!!
You look FAB for someone who has 5 kiddos.....You Go girl!!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Way to go Kate! Woo hoo!

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home