kate5kiwis: i love candy

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

i love candy

i've been blogging for nearly two years, give or take a couple of months.
i'm so surprised that with my short attention span i'm still doing this, i usually try something and then it loses its newness and appeal very quickly and i'm *so over it*.
but not blogging - there are so many things i love about it:

keeping the family memories alive, unravelling my thoughts, writing an ongoing newsletter to the rellies, and connecting with Other Very Cool Bloggers.
i've met awesome peeps during this lark, it's like having a whole lot of pen pals all over the world. ok, enough raving.
jen has given me this blog award:
which originates from xandra,
”So here’s to all the blogs that you’ve discovered that you can’t possibly live without. They make you laugh, cry, think and feel connected every time you read a post. They give you a thrill as you see them loading into your browser and you get an equally satisfying thrill when you see that they have commented on your blog”

the deal is that i now 'fess up which blogs i love to read... i've decided to choose just five, which is extremely difficult cos i do have *whispers* seventy rather a few blogs in my bloglines, some of which i read daily, some weekly, some once in a blue moon (whatever *is* a blue moon?)...

barb the evil genius (where did i meet you? i do remember your name had such appeal)
sarah (who i met during last year's ultimate blog party)
rach (who lives in The Big Smoke and i know IRL, even our hubbies and kiddos know each other well!!)
hay (who i knew for five fab weeks before she jumped ship to The Windy City)
sarah (who i met through rach and who probably also gets this award from hay)

but be assured that if you're in my bloglines (you probably are) i'll have a squizz every so often... and i'll even try to leave ya a comment, cos that's nice manners X

10 Comments:

Blogger Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Thank you so much for linking on my blog. I've been trying to visit and comment on all the blogs that received my award, but it has taken on a life of it's own! I look forward to reading more of your blog soon.

Xandra

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

squeee! fankies!! I love you too xx
(I am at my mummy's house for the morning and can't even stay away ;) )

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back at ya nana. xxxx

12:11 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

you love candy and I love your blog
and you
have a god day my friend

Jen

12:15 PM  
Blogger Frances said...

Having nice manners and all that :-) I thought I should finally comment on your blog, as I've been reading EVERY SINGLE day ever since Antipo linked to you in her blog. I LOVE your blog! The way you write makes me feel just so happy.

(You also make me feel clucky, which isn't that much of a good idea, but hey.)

:-)

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i would award you that award too cos i love to read your blog and hear how ur fam is doing, aunty!! lots of love x

7:09 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Thanks so much, Kate! I think you were attracted to my blog by the Princess Bride quote I had up. :)

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do have such nice bloggy manners .... I go all *shy* when I blog-visit, and sit there at my keyboard thinking, um, ah, what comment shall I write. Obviously I was not the talkative kid in class. So this year I-will-comment-more.

PS: and that fact that half the time I write comments, hit publish and then realise I haven't entered in the "word verification". Doh. After which, I get up to head off the kitchen to consume more coffee - LOL.

PPS: Note, I was also not the best typist or speller in class either.

10:36 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

xandra
lol, looks like you have a full-time occupation over the next few weeks, love the lollies picture so very much
*licks screen* X

beanie
we'll be two of the first sign-ups to BAA (Blog Addicts Anonymous) ok X

hay
who are ya calling "nana" IN PUBLIC??
if ya remember, hubby and the kiddos and i PARTIED THE NIGHT AWAY on New Year's Eve... i heard loud snoring coming from The Windy City lol X

jen
thanks again for the delish lollies
*licks screen again* X

cesca
watch out, i'm getting a head-swell. love that you outted yourself, looking forward to more catch-ups X

abby
consider yourself h'officially added to the Candy List chick, love your writings evah so much X

barb
ohgosh, and i am *still* quoting TPB atcha??
we are joined by the bonds of love, and nothing can track that... X

jacinta
well, you know i just write the first thing that comes into my blonde random skull. the only thing that makes me cringe is that google will still be finding my comments next century...

oh and soz about the Word Verification, it's just that i got spammed with a hundred comments (no exaggeration) by an autobot a year and a half ago and it took me half the morning to remove them. i leave the *anon* comments box up so that Dad can leave me a comment *waves hi* every few weeks or so X

1:32 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

have the lollies all gone? I think I missed this party! Though we DID talk about all those others when we were last IRL together!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home