kate5kiwis: Psycho Killer

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Psycho Killer

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

i do realise this is a public place.
but i just have to ask the question (rhetorically, unless ya leave me a comment lol)
Do hormones get more ravagey (yes. it's a word. here at kate5kiwis) as ya get older?? cos every month i tend to have an Absolutely Psycho Day where i feel completely ragged and NOT EVEN a glass of bacardi-and-lemonade (my preferred 2008 summer vice) and a loud listen to my boys will fix, (no matter what time of day, lol...)

yeah:
I’m tense and nervous and I can’t relax...
Don’t touch me I’m a real live wire.

and then *boom* exactly a week later my cycle starts.
i'd really *really* love some feedback, via (private) email if ya prefer
kate DOT kiwi AT hotmail DOT com
thanks so much!
until then:

fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away

9 Comments:

Blogger Sharonnz said...

Ummmm...yes! There'll be some crazy folk out there that will tell you to cut out the sugar, caffeine, chocolate, hot chips, alcohol, all good things in life around that time to make it easier but that's what gets me through;-)

5:48 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

Im hoping its not the menopause
jEN

7:04 PM  
Blogger oacemama said...

Ummmmmm...yes! Only one day? Mine usually builds up to three days of aaaarrrrrggggh!

Except for this last month, no psycho killing around here for the first time since I weaned E...cos I am doing a "spring clean for my insides" and have only eaten fresh fruit and vege etc for two weeks...coincidence???

But I say, pour another bacardi and lemonade Babe!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Antipodeesse said...

Oh Darlin', welcome to the Homicidal PMT Club! I'm the President, Treasurer and Secretary.

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh god yes, it does get worse. I used to deny that PMT affected me in any way at all - it was EVERYONE ELSE who was being awkward etc.

But yeah I turn into some sort of monster for about 3 days every month and yeah I positively fizz with aggression and pent-up wotnots and then when my period starts it all just melts away.

Cutting out red wine does help - but sod that.

2:58 AM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

The joy of being a woman with children, is that you have so many excuses - for example, while carrying your babies you have baby brain when they are born you have nappy brain and then when those excuses run thin we have our good old reliable cycle...about two days before I am due I am so hungry that I would eat my own fingers. From the moment I wake I am STARVING, and then the next day I am not hungry at all (no surprises there) and then da da, my good friend arrives for another visit!
I would go with the Absolutely Psycho Day it good to keep everyone on their toes!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Raewyn said...

It is true - your hormones do get a bit out of kilter as you gain maturity.
Really interesting article in NEXT mag recently about the balancing of oestrogen and progesterone.
I have had a progesterone test done. It is easy as and can be balanced with the use of natural progesterone cream etc.
Want to know more - talk to me privately :-)))

11:52 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

sharon
yeah i'm totally with ya, made pain au chocolat yesterday... mmmmm!! love X

jen
ah, me too lol. love X

karen
wow, my friend nush drops 2 pounds a day when she goes *raw*... don't waste away, k? great that your brain has cleared. i did try going raw (i keep thinking rawr lol) a couple of years ago, but i think that sprouted chick pea hummus tastes awful lol. love X

antipo
thanks! do we get a free miracle pill as part of the joining pack? love X

r-blogger
lol, ok, i'll stick with bacardi and lemonade one day a month then. love X

leigh
yeah i get the hungers too, for all the stuff that sharon mentioned. love X

raewyn
thanks girl, gonna check the NEXT mag, cos it's getting a bit ragged. love X

8:28 AM  
Blogger Nikki Elisabeth said...

Uh-oh. If it gets worse then I'm screwed because I am a WITCH at certain times. Poor Tobin. Poor Devil Child.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home