kate5kiwis: The Laughing Policeman

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Laughing Policeman

i have finally succumbed and Made A Roster, cos it's (nearly) the start of a new school year, and i am sick of hearing myself
1. *bleating* about being a Hotel Maid Around Here and
2.
*being* a Hotel Maid Around Here.

this idea has been brewing in my subconscious since i read of jo(e)'s escapades last may. thanks for the inspiration, jo(e).

the disclaimer is
that it's Not My Personality to Make a Roster, cos i generally just grab someone-unsuspecting-passing-through and keep a wee tally in my head of who's next. i don't generally like boxes. but my brain is getting squiffy and am thinking we'll try the boxes.

so, the deal is that this piece of paper (posted here cos i lose pieces of paper) lasts for the next four weeks until D18 escapes to The Big Smoke To Continue His Higher Education and we need to regroup. the rules are that ya can ask peeps to help ya with your *responsibility* (ooo, hoping the Big Words will help the bribery) but You (not moi) are The Policeman, and we all work together to keep this family happy.
otherwise i may have to do My Policeman Act... or better still, ask The Resident Schizophrenic to oblige:

Beds and Bedrooms Before Breakfast:

you wanna be able to get to the bed without breaking your leg.

D, R, J, S, M

every day, my friend!!

Kitchen Hand: scullery maid duties including

Dishwasher: please empty whenever full and help Mum clear the bench and load dishes.

Week 1: D

Week 2: R

Week 3: J

Week 4: S

Rubbish: empty cupboard when full, green bin and recyclables, and take all rubbish to the gate on Rubbish Day.

Week 1: M

Week 2: D

Week 3: R

Week 4: J

Washing: help Mum peg out washing, bring in, fold, put away.

Week 1: S

Week 2: M

Week 3: D

Week 4: R

Vacuuming and

Garden: cover pool at night, watering The Secret Garden and Veggie Garden, weed patrol.

Week 1: J

Week 2: S

Week 3: M

Week 4: D

Family Bathroom: rescue empty toilet rolls and keep vanity/mirror clear/clean. Learn to clean shower/bath too!!

The Black Hole aka Garage: ok, 'nuff said.

Week 1: R

Week 2: J

Week 3: S

Week 4: M

LAWNS: Daddy and Mummy (in her dreams)

think it'll work?
it'll take a miracle!!
(guess the movie line)
now The Resident Schizophrenic is teasing me about blogging the roster.
but i'm laughing cos i'm off to find out who's cleaning up dinner *and* getting the washing in. and it ain't gonna be
moi-même....
and D18 has just put his hand on my shoulder and asked (in his best policeman's voice), "as soon as that post is finished, please take your plate to the dishwasher."

i think i'm A Roster Convert.

8 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

its good for kids to have chores and responsibilities
and by having them on a roster they can see what they have to do

jen

6:28 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

I also believe that each member needs to help and work together as a team


so its not all left to mum

jen

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Hay, and I used to know this tree dwelling freedom loving hippy chick called Kate. I saw your blog and thought you might be her...but I guess not. xxxx

6:42 PM  
Blogger Sharonnz said...

At our place we have the Power of the Whiteboard because some days I like to pretend I'm a Teacher with my marker pens;-) It works...for M8...the other two can't read it yet;-)

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I am too disorganised to do a roster - I would forget I had done it or where I had put it. We live in a state of disorganised messy chaos. I know I should get my children to do more to help out but I don't!

Oh I love red lentils too - one of my favourite things. That dish just looks so scrumptious.

1:17 AM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

Oh man - that's an easy one....have fun storming the castle
I found another PB lover up at Waikawai - we looked like idiots I'm sure but we started quoting stuff, and well it just started flowing - he was pretty cool - even loves the book!
(have your kids read any of the Kiwi Bites books - well if they have, this guy writes some of them - very cool!)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

Now I don't even have to come to your house to read the roster that is always up on your wall or inside the pantry cupboard door;-)
This is my fave yet!

10:53 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

thanks y'all.
don't wanna jinx it, but something's working: there have been a lot of clean places around here the last week.
fabulous X

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home