kate5kiwis: Don't Stand So Close to Me

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, January 11, 2008

Don't Stand So Close to Me

i think hubby thinks he's shark boy.
er, i mean shark photographer boy.
he waded into the sea this afternoon to take this video footage of a friendly stingray in the shallows, harbourside,
while clare and i sat on the beach, thinking about our friend steve.

the good news is that hubby still has his leg intact.

PS Happy Birthday to my darling Dad X
PPS a very reverent salute to Sir Edmund Hillary, kiwi icon, the first man to reach the top of the world, who died today. Even though he was 88 years old, it's still a shock; there is to be a state funeral in a few days to pay tribute to our national hero.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for, needs his head read boy ;). xxxx

3:30 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

such clear water

jen

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, freaky!

How deep is that? It only looks knee high. I only have to see a tiny crab and I jump on the nearest person to save me.

You are obviously one cool calm wife. ... I would have been sitting on the beach having a major coronary. Or a stiff glass of whiskey. It must be the ninja coming out in you.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Ninja Kate, just returning the I-saw-you-on-the-Bean-Bag's-site-thought-I'd-stop-and-say-hi favour.

Note: I put that "U" in "favour" just for you. Not all Americans think they own the English language.

And a toast to Sir Edmund Hillary, while we're at it. What an incredible guy. Almost as incredible as your... um... sharkboy photographer hubby. Such brave and fearless men you have coming out of NZ.

Cheers,
MM

3:34 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Maybe I'm glad I live near a lake and not an ocean now. I would have been running and screaming. :)

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home