kate5kiwis: Hey True Blue... Say you've knocked off for a smoko...

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hey True Blue... Say you've knocked off for a smoko...

Coming home from the beach today, the kids and I switched on the radio. We listened to a sound bite of a beautiful eight-year-old's voice, talking about her beloved Dad.

My daddy was my hero - he was always there for me when I needed him. He listened to me and taught me so many things but most of all he was fun. I know that Daddy had an important job. He was working to change the world so everyone would love wildlife like he did. I don't want Daddy's passion to ever end. I want to help endangered wildlife just like he did. I have the best Daddy in the whole world and I will miss him every day. When I see a crocodile I will always think of him and I know that Daddy made this zoo so everyone could come and learn to love all the animals. Daddy made this place his whole life and now it's our turn to help Daddy.

We all knew exactly who it was. I choked back tears the rest of the way home.

5 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Oh dear now you've got me choked up.

Hugs

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah so beautiful and sweet...I bet she will too.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Awww, that was so super sweet. Things like that always make me teary eyed. God Bless the family!

2:10 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

beautifully said

sniff

4:29 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

She was so articulate for a four year old. We saw the spot on the news. So beautiful, and yes we were all in tears.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home