kate5kiwis: français friday

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, September 15, 2006

français friday

(big ups to my Mum for the ç ...you continue to keep me educated!! love you)



This was what Paris is all about.
Love, romance, connection of the soul, extreme beauty, exquisite architecture, and SEPHORA on LES CHAMPS-ELYSEES...

Strolling Paris' grand boulevard, the Champs-Elysees, you'll come to Sephora, an incredible perfume store. Glide down Sephora's ramp into a vast hall of cosmetics and perfumes (open daily until midnight). It's thoughtfully laid out: the entry hall is lined with the new products, all open with disposable white sniff strips inviting you to take a whiff. The staff here helps shoppers explore their needs. Interviewing you, they understand what you're after and dish up samples until you find the scent of your dreams. They then assemble a list of products to match. They also help you to find the perfect make-up. As if it's not enough, they do your makeup for free. No need for an appointment. A true pleasure for every woman.

As Hubby and I glided down the ramp of SEPHORA, we were met by one of the best salesmen we've ever encountered: whom Hubby has referred to ever after as "Pierre".
He glided up to us and breathed, "Bonjour Monsieur et Madame.. français ou anglais?"
To which I grinned and said, "Anglais".
He effortlessly switched to english as he held out a little white sniff-strip and asked, "Would you like to sneeeef ze latest frrrragrrrrance frrrrom Giorgio Armani? Eeet 'as notes of orrrange and 'oney.."
I did, and dizzily murmured my approval.
Pierre, gazing into my eyes, invited, "Oooh, would you like to trrrry some on??"
To which, captivated, I gushed, "Oh, yes puh-leeze!!"
Pierre grinned and exclaimed, "One moment, Madame, a geeeeft for you.." as he darted gracefully to one side, and sprayed the exquisite perfume into a white envelope.. and swept
out a blue ribbon with a black flower attached and tied it perfectly around my wrist...
Hubby watched, awed that within fifty seconds with this stranger, I had turned back into a giggly teenager.
and I smelled divine..
As we floated on air around SEPHORA, we picked up a couple of pink sparkly bits for our gorgeous daughter... and.... the new Giorgio Armani fragrance for me!!!!!

and every time I sprrrray some of Pierre's orange-and-'oney on, I think of the way a young french man makes every Madame and Mademoiselle walking through the doors of SEPHORA feel like the most beee-au-tee-ful girl in all of gay Paree.

11 Comments:

Blogger BeachMama said...

What an extrordinary experience. Every Madame and Mademoiselle should have the opportunity to experience this.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Liesl said...

We have a Sephora here, and altough the product selection sounds similar, Pierre obviously outshines his American colleagues :)

Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll come do a stint at the store here...

1:30 PM  
Blogger sweetpea said...

i remember sephora in paris!!!! it seemed so....french.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaahhhh, now I see why you were all giggly and floating when I popped in this morning!!!!
Gee, in future I'll read the blog prior to visiting so I can drift and giggle too!

What wonderful memories you have!

Thanks for being such a sweet, natural, giggly gal!
I love that about you!

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Kate you beautiful thing you have made my Friday……..I’m drifting off somewhere listening to Bob Dylan singing Spanish boots for Spanish leather and I should be working

5:39 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

aaaaawwwwwwwww
I want to go to France and be a girly girl and... T_T

You are so lucky =P
Im jealous even more, lol

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, kate you are making life really tough on me! lol! have you ever taken in foster children?? i have a 14yo dd that is ready to pack her bags and head to NZ! :o)

2:01 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

lol debbie
we actually have *horses* (for the equestrian) over our back fence, and cows and sometimes the farmer grazes sheep too....

heck, bring the whole fam-damily for a holiday :o)
tempting, too tempting....

10:08 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

You've won me over! When can I come? =P
You might have to buy my plane ticket tho...
o.o

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh kate...i am a sook!(tears in my eyes) I loved you writing this for ME to read. I can just imagine it all and it all sounds perrrrfecto!

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night at dinner we joked about packing the family in a shipping container slapping a "ship to KateKiwi" label on the box and going by cargo ship. lol after dinner out of curiosity i checked air fare. For our family to fly it was $10,300! And it would take anywhere from 23 to 32 hours. Boy you live far away!!! I guess we will just have to watch LOTR and dream....lol
deb

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home