kate5kiwis: springtime literature quiz

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Thursday, September 07, 2006

springtime literature quiz

Guess who??


ok, here's your clue:


This has to be my all-time-favourite children's book. Partly because I remember reading it when I was a kid (Eric Carle wrote it the year I was born, which incidentally is the year man first walked on the moon..) and partly because I think it's been my most-read-book-to-children since I became an adult (yep, I really am a grownup).
The little caterpillar has miraculously retained his magic.. every time I read it, I wanna put my finger through the holes in the fruit and *see* where he has nibbled.
But wait, there's more...
(nope, sorry, *not* a free set of six steak knives)


4 Comments:

Blogger Chewy Mom said...

I LOVE Eric Carle!!! He's a favorite at our house, too.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

We love that book too, as well as The Very Lonely Firefly and Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? Goodnight, Moon was another favorite here.

1:55 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

I too can attest to taht book being the most read to in this household. And I had no clue it was published that long ago, when I was 8 years old and can still very clearly remember watching that first step on the moon on our Black and White TV (gosh I'm a dinosaur)

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my dear DD most favourite book on the planet, she would get anyone and everyone to read it to her when she was little....beautiful ...perfect for those little ones turning into butterflies.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home