kate5kiwis: skatey katie

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, November 16, 2007

skatey katie

swish, swish... swish, swish, swish, swish... swish, swish... swish, swish, swish, swish...
swish, swish... swish, swish, swish, swish... swish, swish... swish, swish, swish, swish...
that is the sound of the shrieking eels.
nope.
that is the sound of the air, *whooshing* past the camera,
*whooshing* past my ears, *whooshing* past my ever-decreasing waistline... and you could hear it too if the camera recorded audio as well as video...

yeah, just *look* at how fast the ground is moving beneath my feet.
a whole *hour* of air *whooshing*, while the lads had a happy soccer lesson today.
it's gonna be my new Friday obsession.
and soon i'm gonna fit my bikini.
so that we can do that thing we do on fridays,
all summer long
.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool and how fun

4:53 PM  
Blogger Hay said...

Well. That. Does. It.
I am not moving back, you already put me to shame and I'd never wear a bikini. Never *shudder*.
Glad you're feeling better and that you didn't break anything. I don't see pads? Or a helmet? I'd feel more comfortable if you were wearing pads and a helmet.
Love ya, Hay xxxx

7:23 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Wow! You go, girl! I gotta find some exercise to do!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Marie N. said...

Looks awesome! You'll be svelte in no time :-)

I tried ice skating once. Let's leave it at that. It is just not my thing, but I sure like to watch the ice dancers and figure skaters do their thing.

2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!!!

4:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i can guess the movie line!!! finally!!!
its that freaky guy from the princess bride...
*inconCEIvable!!!!!!!!!*
love that movie

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home