kate5kiwis: finding the *sparkle* in every day

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

finding the *sparkle* in every day

i am in pieces today.
yes, rather a soul-revealing phrase, considering i have an average of 45 visitors to kate5kiwis every day (yep, sitemeter is stalking you lol. go on, come out of the closet, leave me a wee comment, or just a little wave...)

and what does katie do when she goes to pieces?
she makes soup-and-muffins, and eats the lot. nope, katie is swearing off carbs until her muffin-top fits back inside her jeans. katie tries looking outside herself and makes sparkly little things, threading pieces onto string, like sparkly little days.

behold *candy floss bracelets*
made from little pink seed beads and freshwater pearls and lead crystal faceted beads, arranged in fives, for four-chicks-and-moi, the Pink Chicks i've walked through this year with (in real life!!), hanging out once a month over coffees and crème brûlées and sharing our hearts and souls and hopes and dreams.

and a heart for Michelle,
your fave colour arranged in *twos* cos you and Liam have a special place in our hearts, even though i didn't find my muse until months after your birthday. thank you for your generosity and love, you inspire me.

i'm still in pieces, i know in my heart that a momma raises her children to find their own way, to fly out of the nest, but it's taking me quite a while to piece that together in my own reality.

"Good On Ya, Boy!!"

is what Dad yelled out loudly from the audience as you received your award, bien fait!!!

the word CITROEN is etched on the cup but sadly, the sponsors didn't also send you la voiture...

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUGS
super big thoughts and prayers going your way
hope your feeling happier soon

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you big HUGS from across the hemisphere....:)

Love the candy floss bracelets!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Love your creative flair........your love and inspiration for your chicks will live on in them forever. Love and hugsx

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*waves*

huggles to you

loove the candy floss

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tagged u chick :)

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you needed some flowers so have sent you some virtual ones on facebook...there's a (Kate-esque) comment for each, but not sure if it shows on your page so I'll put it here:

Cherry Blossom - for your name because the Japanese love Cherry Blossom
Snowdrop - because you're sad today and it looks like tears
Dandelion Seed Puff - for your son....your seed.

*Squeeze*

E

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope today finds you surrounded in lots of *sparkles* .... or at least plenty of sun shining rays (which you're more than welcome to send down our way).

1:28 PM  
Blogger Hay said...

Ahhh, darling.

I hope by now that your monsoon of sparkly, gorgeous friends has swept you up into the land of coffee and beads so that you are feeling all better. If not, give me their numbers (just the first 50 or so - got a phone bill to think of) and I will hunt them down. *;o{)*(hee hee I put a mo on my little face. Like that?)

I know you must be terrified about little bird flying free. I know I am, something about not being that all *significant* person for my girls freaks me out. And yet that's life huh?

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting D18 - in the entire span of our epic 5 week funfair- but I have met you, and your other amazing kids. I know he's about to hit the big, bad world, but relax... breath. He's got the tools, smarts and love. That's more than most people.

And he knows his way home - though he may need a map when ya'll move to Wellington ;o).

How exciting is it going to be watching him forge his destiny in the 'real' world!? I'm keeping tuned.

I'll leave you with the great Dr. S, who I know was thinking about D18 when he wrote...

you're off to Great Places!

Today is your day!

Your mountain is waiting.

So...get on your way!

Love you lot's and lot's....

wish I could help keep your mind of things by letting you make me endless cappuccinos - with choccy beans of course!

Hay xxxx

(p.s I'm still totally confused, but then I was blonde as a little'n)

1:59 PM  
Blogger oacemama said...

Oh man, you've got me crying again! Big squeezy hugs to you doll. That day seems so far away to me now, but in a blink I'll turn around as you have and be feeling bittersweet about the whole deal too.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie, Look at all those beautiful comments! You reached out and their are many to take your hand...truly lovely....Since you are in pieces he is a little GLUE
Being SUCCESSFUL in life is not what matters, Being SIGNIFICANT does.
I will put this one in our little book.
You are an inspiration to me and many...
Loads of love and snuggles
Suz

Suz

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kate
Bronwyn here I read your blog everyday. Love keeping up to date with the family. Can't believe D18 is leaving school already. You have one you can be proud of. Well done. God bless you and him as he begins life further from the nest.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan - ya done good.
Now, lets see you give life your best shot.
First the externals and then whatever follows.
N.

10:53 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

"félicitations au jeune homme et gros calin pour la maman!"

job well done Kate, another semi-sweet moment in motherhood :)

2:49 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

Confession time!! I am a closet katekiwi fan... Love the constant inspiration and attention to family. Love the Pink Chiks bracelets. Oooo, lucky girls. Ang xxx

3:26 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

PS - your lookin skinny - what are you doing? Your not seriously going off carbs are you... what the heck else is there to eat!!!!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ya,
I just read your blog – and I just couldn’t comment on it – it seemed too far away. My eyes are leaking (as Ems puts it) and I just wish I could give you a hug.
I can’t believe D18 has finished school – I still remember my last day of school like it was tomorrow – we got hold of some Police tape (Do Not Enter) and fully taped up our deans office – he thought it was just the door taped up, and fought his way in to discover the whole office was taped up too!!
This will be the best time of your lives – us kids just love hanging out with mom & dad now – and it is a totally different relationship. Me and Mom just do things together – Brad and dad are both joining a golf club together – you can just be friends, but love each other in such a special way.
Sometimes after dropping Grant at work in the morning, me and the kids will pop into mom & dad for a coffee just to catch up – wonderful!
Thanks for letting us be part of your lives – D18 will always hold a special place in our hearts, and he reminds me so much of Brad now that he’s all big. If he comes to The Big Smoke there will always be a gourmet meals waiting for him (not….but there will be something…).
I love you loads – this year has been awesome, and I am so thankful that we connected again.
Love you , love you, love you!!!
Forever
Leighleighxxx

5:59 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Waves and (((HUGS)))

I love the candy floss, only I've got Christmas on my mind so I'd call it a candy "cane" -d do you have those in NZ???

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home