kate5kiwis: just doin' the time warp

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Sunday, November 12, 2006

just doin' the time warp

i hopped on a bus yesterday with forty-three of J10 and R13's youth groupies..
went to the Big Smoke and wound up at the zoo, the underwater world and..
ice skating.
and....
twenty tears later:
yeee-harrrr
i've still got it.
i can skate forwards.
i can even skate backwards (you shoulda seen R13's incredulous look as i grabbed her hands and skated her around the rink)
i can even twirl.
and after about the sixth circuit around the rink, i started getting that leg-crossing-over-motion for going around corners.
s-w-i-s-h
just like a friday-night-teenager.
it's just a jump to the left.
and a step to the r-i-i-i-g-h-t...
and i even bought myself a caramel chew for reasons of nostalgia.
but it didn't taste as frozen as it used to.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Now that is impressive. I loved rollerskating when I was younger but never ice-skated but I am so tempted as we have a frozen pond for several months out of the year... FUN!

10:57 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Awesome. I love skating. I have been taking J for lessons and it is all I can do not to let him stand there while I twirl around the rink. I have to keep telling myself that I am ther for him!

Can't wait for the canal to freeze so we can skate on it and have delicious "Beavertail" pastries. I will blog about it when it happens. One of those good things about winter :)

3:40 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Oooh, I love to ice skate! My daughters are learning to enjoy as well. Too bad you didn't get pictures from this! :)

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i remember the Friday night days. gazing over the rink and seeing if there was any one spunky there...lol. 80's kids rule. Yaaay you.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Marie N. said...

I loved my rollerskates! I never did ice skate -- good for you getting your old moves back!
My 4 yo askes me, "Mommy, are you really cool?" Sounds like you can answer yes to that one :-)
My dh quotes songs from "that movie" (that's what we call it at my house) all the time. Especialy "There's a Light."

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home