kate5kiwis: our very own teen drama queen

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Thursday, November 02, 2006

our very own teen drama queen


So, this week we've watched Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen -twice- at least.. and everyone's been quoting the extremely talented Miss Boggoli aka Carol Kane (yes, Leighleigh, she's Valerie, Miracle Max's wife)
".. Listen up, everybody: Cost-toomes are sac-red. COS-toomes are SAC-red.."

imho it's a pretty *naff* movie: but very relateable on the teenage dramas level. and i l-o-v-e every moment with Miss Baggoli, "Yes, Lola, it's my idea. I know I'm just a teacher, but I am capable of thought!"

Anyway, R13 got the 80's teen hollywood girl haircut today..

she looks oh! so grown up.. her hair all straightened with a side fringe and all layered and wispy down the sides.

Baby, you are a gorgeous Lola:

Here's what I learned: when you're happy, the whole world's New York. And that dreams are important. Someday, when you're not even looking, they find you.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Gorgeous Debbie said...

And here I was thinking you couldn't *any* more gorgeous than you already were, and you proved me wrong. Darling, spectacular - nothing more than you deserve, of course!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

it looks really nice =)

I think we saw that movie but i dont remember anything about it..

4:38 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Humperdinck, Humperdinck, Humperdinck! Humperdiiiiiinnnnck! Humperdinck!

6:39 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

the gorgeouses deb and em
R13 says:
*blush* "aw, thanks!"

her evil geniusness, barb
miracle max says:
"don't say that word valerie.. you promised me you'd never say that name.. i'm not listening... nobody's hearing nothing!!"

9:04 AM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

This is Buttercup's true love -- If you heal him, he will stop Humperdinck's wedding.
Wait. Wait. I make him better, Humperdinck suffers?
Humiliations galore!

I have a confession to make - I think I have a new number 1 movie....I just LOVE 'Love Actually' - and not just because every time I watch it I want to go back to London - but because every time I watch it I fall in love again - and it is wonderful!

7:35 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

leighleigh
Love Actually is definitely one of hubby's and my absolute faves too.

we have been quoting it all week, since we watched it again last sat nite:
in fact: i can't decide which one of colin-with-his-great-big-nobb or billy mack is my fave character. even colin firth is watchable lol. liam neeson is divine. little thomas sangster is adorable.

and emma thompson is sublime during that "What would you do in my position?" scene with alan rickman.

even our kiddos (nope, haven't shown them the movie yet) quote:
Kids, listen to your Uncle Billy. Don't buy drugs. Become a rock star and they give them to ya for *free*!!!

i think we need a weekend. Like Daniel tells his stepson Sam:
We need Kate, and we need Leigh-oh. And we need them now.

*giggle*

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home