kate5kiwis: L.O.V.E. i love you and you love me...

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Thursday, May 31, 2007

L.O.V.E. i love you and you love me...

nanma and nandad live in The Big Smoke and don't get to see the 5kiwis very much. it's nandad's 65th birthday celebration on saturday, so two days ago i decided to make him a special pressie:

it's an A3 canvas with photos of us arranged on it, with various layers of chocolate and pink acrylic paint, and shellac, LOVE wooden lettering and words sprinkled over: believe, hope, imagine, treasure, trust, remember, dream, dance... and a wire heart intertwined with pink and red beads.

so now we can "be" with nanma and nandad all the time!!!

i love the textures in it, and for an eleventh hour project, i am so happy to say: it worked!!!

(oh, and i've finally made peace with the word "shellac". it's the only word i spelt wrong in a spelling test when i was eleven. i topped the class and got to walk across stage. and all the woodwork boys laughed that i spelt it "chalak". i thought it was swiss, lol. strange but true.)

15 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

What a treasure...far better than any 'bought at the store' gift! Beautiful faces, beautiful family:-)

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flippen heck girl, you are SOOOO creative. You gonna have to give me lessons for this! xxxx

10:09 PM  
Blogger Phara said...

I bet it will be one of his most fave presents ever...and you two have the same smile. Too cool.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

very cool :)

The word I misspelled which sent me to 2nd place in the spelling bee, that i will never forget, was curfew.

They were putting a lot of pressure on us and I was only in second grade :P

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderfully 'love'ly present! I'm sure it will be a favourite. I must write down all these fab creative ideas you have - my daughter's own Gran-Gran would LOVE a pic like that! :)

1:05 AM  
Blogger Antipodeesse said...

That's an amazing piece of work, so to speak!

As a little girl I was convinced that biro had a U in it:
buiro...

Strange, I know...

3:11 AM  
Blogger Marie N. said...

I'm sure he will love it! You are so creative :-)

4:16 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

What an adorable collection of Kiwis! :)

4:37 AM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

Oh I love it so much! One day when our family is finished...which I guess is the realisation that there will probably be another one at some point....will you sit down with me and show me how to do it for my family?
Love you - can't wait for August! I am so excited sometimes I giggle! lol ;)

9:20 AM  
Blogger Hay said...

Oh you know......what everyone else said!!

Oh chalak.....lmao heheheheheh.....oh well better go take a v-it-amen ;o)

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a lovely and special pressie hope they love it
and happy birthday to nandad

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw what is shellac???

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A type of varnish.

5:08 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Gorgeous, your nandad is going to love it!

4:42 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

hi chicks
wow, feel the lurve.
we had such a wonderful party for my FrogKing father-in-law (have ya seen SHREK THE THIRD? lol).
he *loves* the pressie, i am so happy !!!!!
i'm gonna make something a bit larger for our dining room wall, using the same technique. it'll be my winter project to keep the sunshine inside lol.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home