kate5kiwis: Mending Lady

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Monday, May 28, 2007

Mending Lady

About eight or so years ago, when I was snowed under with babies, toddlers, and the early daze of homeschooling, my Darling Auntie said to me, "I'll be your Mending Lady!"
Since then, I have sent bags and bags of holey-kneed-jeans and broken elastics her way.
Now that we live 200 kilometres away, it ain't so easy...
We've been running out of clothes to wear !!!
So yesterday the Old Faithful Machine ventured out of the garage, and hemmed two pairs of jeans for Hubby, fixed pleats on R13's school skirt, mended a hole in J11's camo pants, re-hemmed S9's jeans, and re-fashioned some of S9's holey-kneed-warehouse-jeans into...


new pseudo-pumpkin-patch-jeans for M5

complete with Holy Knee Patches

and a Puppy Power Pocket.

I think the wardrobes are ready for w****r now.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lizard said...

Good for you Kate!! You know we actually have a Pumpkin Patch store in our mall. They have cute stuff.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its colder today so Id say you did it in the nick of time
bless your auntie for when she did make that offer

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome! Can you be my Mending Lady???

1:39 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Wow, you got a lot done there!

3:07 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

great job!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Marie N. said...

I don't even remember what is in my mending deawer any more. Maybe some day soon I'll be brave and check. I think I'll find some of dd's clothes from 3 years ago.

6:16 AM  
Blogger erin said...

Those are too cute! Great job!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

I love the Puppy Patching Project!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home