kate5kiwis: trash to (vintage retro) fash

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Saturday, May 19, 2007

trash to (vintage retro) fash

i'm all excited about fleur's fab fash show... and my auntie gave me a pile of her throw-outs, so i thought i'd have a go at my own trash-to-fash lol.
(close your eyes boys: cleavage-shot-ahead)

here's my new top (thinking of you leighleigh: i got *two* little tops for cheep cheep at jeans west today.. soz rach, yes they're probably sweat shopped... i know, *serious cringe moment*)
it's actually a sweet, adorable mini dress which looks fantastic worn over my flared jeans. and the trash-to-fash moment is the re-threaded retro vintage necklace, full of wooden beads, amber, sparkles, polygonic-copper (is that a word??) which just tops off the outfit...


looks like i dragged it outta my mum's seventies wardrobe: totally groovy baby.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I does NOT look like you dragged it out of mum's wardrobe. It rocks the house, baby! You're one talented Kiwi Chick. ;)

3:23 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

LOVE! I don't know what you're talking about. That's a fabulous top! The way I dress? Think of Bea Arthur in Golden Girls. (Did they show that in Australia?)

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home