kate5kiwis: H2O-HOlic...

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

H2O-HOlic...

Half a year ago we had a Really Scary Moment.
On a hot sunny day, the kids were playing in the surf at The Mount, and all of a sudden a big wave swept M5 off his feet. Thankfully, Deb of the Sparkly Ears heard his panicked shriek and I dashed into the waves, clothes and all (for a fleeting moment I was gonna drag off my jeans, but realised I wasn't wearing audience-friendly-undergarments, lol). Just as I reached M5 and grabbed hold of his arm, another freak wave crashed to the shore and swept both of us back under the surface. For a brief second the thought of, "How will I find M5 if he gets swept out?" flashed through my mind, and as I came up for air, I lifted my head and saw that R13 was pulling him out of the surf.
It was definitely an Angel Moment.

Since then, M5 hasn't gone near the surf waves. And he's been holding his nose if ever he dips his head under the quiet-water.
Not any more... bring on the swimming lessons:
our boy is being transformed into a Fish!!!!!



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I haven't been around much lately, but I remember you checking in a while back. Your jewelry is beautiful!!!

Aren't these word verifications funny sometimes? This time I got "beanfuet"!! LOL

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how scary
being able to swim is so important
well done to your son

4:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow thats freaky
DEFINITELY an Angel Moment

9:24 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

what a scary moment for you all BUT glad to see it didn't affect him permanently :)

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeek! How terrifying! :( Definitely an Angel Moment, for sure.

Lookit M5 go! Swim, baby, swim! :) I love the goggles, too. :)

1:08 AM  
Blogger rani said...

Wow. I know how panicky those moments can make me. What a swimmer he is now!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Marie N. said...

Swimming lessons are very important to us too. DD needs to polish her skills, DS needs to get past bubble blowing!

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI! I LOVE NZ! WENT TO south island only a few years ago. I think I know where the MOUNT lives. I sit in Tauranga? Just wanted to say hi and look forward to reading more about you!

2:22 AM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Oh, poor kidlet! I'm so glad he was rescued ad has gone on to conquer the water!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home