kate5kiwis: nanma and nandad

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Saturday, July 29, 2006

nanma and nandad

We've had a very sunny day with nanma and nandad..
(a.k.a. nana and grandad)
making paper darts, doing origami,
eating pumpkin soup and sticky lemon muffins
(i know, i'm so predictable)
and going to the QUARRY PARK.

J10 playing on our fave
digger
.


walking the plank: M4 gasping,
"D16, can you please hold my hand or I'll fall into the crazy-water."
(sounds like a
D
addy-story to me)


R13 trying on Sally's hat..
dahling
, you look so gaw-geous!!


S8 standing on the
dragon's
head!!


J10 having snuggles with the grand's
in the late afternoon winter sun.

5 Comments:

Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Your gang sure knows how to have fun!

3:41 AM  
Blogger Chewy Mom said...

Hey--I saw over on Mountain Mama's blog where you mentioned that pumpkin and lentil soup. You know, you just can't do that without sharing the recipe!!! So pleeeeze post the recipe, because it sounds yummy, and I'm desperate for more vegetarian/vegan recipes (which it sounds ilke this is)....:-)

8:04 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

:o) hey chewy mom,
I make variations of this recipe
http://katekiwi.blogspot.com/2006/05/curried-kumara-carrot-and-lentil-soup.html
all the time…
try adding half a chopped and peeled pumpkin instead of the kumara (sweet potato).. or instead of the curry powder, I often put in a spoonful of green curry paste (or try your fave Indian spice blend).
I find that the carrots give the soup a lovely sweetness.

I *love* pumpkin soup so much.
In my humble opinion, pumpkins and lemons are the things that make winter bearable :o)
bon appetit !!!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Chewy Mom said...

Soups definitely get me through the winter, although my kids get SICK of soup! LOL!

I assume I can do this w/o a pressure cooker...like all day in a crock pot??

1:21 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

hello CM
yes, i have to vary the kinda soup i make too...
"today, it's CHICKEN (and veggie) soup!!"
actually we're on a bit of a corn chowder bender at the mo.

yes, if ya don't have a pressure cooker, it takes 20 - 30 mins in a "typical" *grin* pot, then blend it, then maybe pour it into your crockpot and keep it warm for the four o'clock munchies :o)
... or bribe them with something else until dinner...

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home