kate5kiwis: metamorph-oasis

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

metamorph-oasis

i would *so* love to be the recipient of a mucking in or groundforce weekend, but as i am no mother teresa, and neither is there a fairy wielding a magic wand in the close vicinity, i've been doing The Great Big Garden Bash all by myself. well, with a little help from the resident muscle.
this morning, the inspired Nush popped past and over our espressos and cappuccinos we started the brainstorm for the petanque pit, or poo-poos pit (courtesy of The Outside Cat), as it is affectionately referred to.
we're thinking *mediterranean influence* in accordance with our style of house, with a koru path leading to a water fountain. *but* the catch is: everything has to be recycled: so cheap-as-chips.

"woah. talk about your fixer-upper.."
(guess the movie line)
watch this space.

i'm now off to don gardening gloves and finish annihilating the garden outside the garage door. full story and pix to follow.... in a week or two !!!!!!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Movie line: The Money Pit

Looking forward to seeing how the fab design turns out. Love 'recycled chic.'

Sarah :)
(who is freezing in Canada!)

2:38 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

sarah
nope, that wasn't the movie i'm thinking of...
this little project better not be the money pit lol

3:15 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this too, even though I only understood about half the words in this post, lol! ;)

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rats! Wrong movie! Argh! I was sure I had that one!

OK, Guess #2: The Lion King?

Sarah :)

2:13 AM  
Blogger Marie N. said...

I've no clue on the movie line! In my corner of the world I am once again looking at huge puddles in my garden beds and lots of plant debris and clean up that I did not get to last fall. I hate that part of it.

Looking forward to your photos.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I thought Lion King for your movie line... :) I know the line is in there, but not sure if that's the movie you're thinking of. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos! We are renting right now and we're not supposed to touch the landscaping. So, we just have to deal with what they have planted. BORING!

5:26 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

*almost* as exciting as A Slice of Heaven......I'm tucked up on the couch reading that today while the kiddos play!

11:00 AM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

Timon says to Simba "Talk about your fixer-upper"
Do I win the prize?

12:45 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'm glad you got the m&m thing worked out, Kate, 'cause I've been pretty much out of the house all day. You go, girl!

2:09 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

ok leighleigh you win by a lion-whisker for The Answer With The Most Details.
the prize is:
>>>drum roll<<<
saturday morning brunch with moi!!!

melissa and sarah: you gorgeous girls get second prizes: a virtual bag of m&ms (scroll down my blog sidebar for details.....

lol

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be nice for us too
Look forward to seeing the photos when u have finished

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! Yum! Second prize is a good one ;)

Thanks, Kate!

Sarah :)

PS: I cannot even comment on my back garden - it is in a horribly shocking state AND we're selling our house (yikes)!

4:47 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

It will be great to see the after photos to see exactly what you are picturing! Have fun :)

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home