kate5kiwis: mosaic munchies

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Monday, March 05, 2007

mosaic munchies

we had our biannual-garden-binge in the weekend:
well, i mostly pointed and cheered *well done* etc, and D17 and Hubby worked out their biceps-es: digging, weeding and removing triffids.
and then i decided to finish *five* little mosaic tiles that i started last year:







we *love* this little guy, and we think he looks so cute munching his way along our front path...

11 Comments:

Blogger ShabbyInTheCity said...

I'm just blown away by these! Did you design them too?! Cute, cute,cute!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

I'd recognize that muncher any where...too cute!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Those are wonderful! My youngest daughter *loved* The Very Hungry Caterpillar. "But he was still hungry."

2:49 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Love them!! We love that story here too :)

1:59 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

hey katie - they would look *just right* in our garden....coz we've got da beautiful butterfly right here: http://inventions-adventures.blogspot.com/2007/02/work-or-weed.html


love them

2:03 PM  
Blogger GiBee said...

Cute tiles!!! Thanks for visiting my blog the other day!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Those are cute! I am having a contest over at my blog! Good job on your triathlon. I love those things and can't wait to get back into them this summer!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

These are SO sweet!! I love them...thanks for sharing.

:-) Susan

11:09 AM  
Blogger oacemama said...

We LOVE the Hungry Caterpillar too...

My kids love to jump up and say "Pop" when he hatches and much their way through all of the food!!

Just beeeeeooootiful Kate!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I just looked at these again... so fun!!! Did you break the tiles yourself? They fit together so well... I've never done mosaics before. I have some tiles to do a mirror, but it scares me! :)

5:03 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

hello chicks
:o) looks like there's a Global Caterpillar Fan Club out there... YAY for eric carle!!!!!
yes, i did design these myself..
and yes, i broke the tiles up using a hammer. the best way to do this is to sandwich the tile between sheets of newspaper and then *whack* and watch a few shards of tile escape and then get two stuck in your foot..)
i really *should* have neatened the edges of each piece, but as usual, i was rushing a miracle (movie line).
but i like less-than-perfect things, i think they look more kid-friendly.
that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it :o)

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home