kate5kiwis: The Clockmakers' Recycling Project

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Clockmakers' Recycling Project

Our resident fiddle-de-dee and clock-lover, J11 and GD (GranDad) have been super busy and oh! so wonderfully creative all weekend, and look at what they've designed and made together:
This piece of oak used to be a cupboard door, which I'm guessing is originally from the collection of J11's Great Uncle Art or Uncle Bill. The brass attachments are from GD's rainy day box, and there's even a lock and key and hinges newly fitted in the door.
What a beautiful clock.
It's obvious to me that you two definitely have the family Cabinet Maker gene.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

LOVE IT

11:18 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Great job on the clock!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks wonderful

12:18 PM  
Blogger Amelia Antwiler said...

What a fantastic CLOCK!! And the memories that will last a lifetime.

I'm so glad that you stopped by my Laundry Pile. I loved what you said about yours lurking behind you - and I've been thoroughly ignoring mine all day.

And I love your blog. I'm glad I came to visit. I've discovered a love for the beach - and I've always been fond of NewZealand (oddly enough, thanks to Alistair Maclain) so tell me more!!!

Bleach Free Blessings!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home