kate5kiwis

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, September 11, 2009

i can't believe we've waited so long to do this. for the first time this year, i picked all the kiddos up from skool at lunchtime and we did that friday thing we used to do. although the sky was a bit grey for the beach, so we rendevous-ed at the skate rink.

when we first moved to The Sunny Bay from The Big Smoke on a whim, six and a half years ago,
a group of beautiful women immediately drew me and mine into their hearts and we drew them into ours. the instant sisters. we did maori on mondays and drama on tuesdays and steiner on wednesdays and we beached it on fridays. uh, thursdays? we had to stay home one day a week.

today we waved another of the long-haired-freebies off to skool, and sneaked a glass of wine, and watched kids monkeying all over the walls, and reminisced about the crazyness of the last six years together, watching our babies growing into fine young people.

i want to turn the clock back.


4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Memory allows you to do just that... without losing a second of the wonderfulness of now. Enjoy what was and what is: that's true happiness.

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too xxx to you dear friend!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

It would be fun to go back, but would you want to miss the fun stuff going on now?

Still, though, lovely memories are so much fun to sift through...

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Late night rambler from up the Whaka! said...

I had one of those "want to turn the clock back" moments today... and wanted to find this post that I remembered reading a couple weeks back...weren't those fab days for you :-) I remember early blog posts of yours and they were so amazing. You were part of something awesome girl.

I just spent the night reminiscing with the boys, and remembered No.2 going in for a general anasthetic to get 4 teeth out when he was 4 years old... and I was at WORK! What was I thinking! Of course his dad took him, but I know it would have been better for him if I was there too. Still wrestling with my life as Ang, and my life as mummy, and want my boys to have all of me!

Love this continuing journey x

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home