kate5kiwis: dinky pinky

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Monday, May 11, 2009

dinky pinky

well, i think the internets are about to crash under the weight of me announcing my happy happy joy joy everyfreakingwhere, but .....
(drum roll).....
i just got my first A+!!!!!!!!!
yep. for this. i can't remember the last time i got an A+. well, i used to top all the spelling tests at skool.

so instead of crashing the library after art class in search of stuff for my next NZ history assignment, i came home and ripped off this. the ultimate garment. it's a top.
for free, gratis.
cos i scored this sexy organza fabric from nik who got it from the sallies:
(sorry, nighttime photo - hence no pics of moi modelling the top - but sherry looks gorgeouser anyways)

i only wish kim'd consulted moi before adding that errant acute on the last "e". (sorry, can't help myself mentioning that. my excuse is that i've imbibed half a bottle of vino to make up for last night's glass that i threw on the carpet without even a sip. upset, much?). i am totally saving to get kim to make me some black linen pants though - they are amazing. hopefully that'll make up for the ripped-off-top. (and the next one i'm gonna whip up in charcoal satin.)

and the other news from today is that i handed in the essay - my lecturer even got an extra 600 words for his trouble because i simply could not edit them out. i am really rather glad another essay is all over rover. i got myself so constipated over it. hmmmmm. chill pill needed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

That fabric is beautiful. The next project I work on is probably going to be doll clothes. :)

3:26 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

CongratulAtions! ;-)

5:20 AM  
Blogger Sharonnz said...

Go you!! Awesome!!

(Yeah, I'm bummed we didn't get to meet in Feb too. Next time!)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

Hey you won't believe this but I've been all over the internet trying to find a pattern like that. I have a piece of floaty chiffony silvery stuff that I want to make a drapey kind-of apron top thingie from. Send photos... many photos... of how you did it. Pleeeease! And you already know how awesome I think you are, been doing lots of reading around the Child Poverty Action Group.

8:46 AM  
Blogger oacemama said...

Go you! Well done and all that...now go and eat some pies!

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Greg the Unemployed Programmer said...

top work sis !!! you da best !!!

2:38 AM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Way to go, Kate!

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home