kate5kiwis: walking on sunshine

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Sunday, April 26, 2009

walking on sunshine


finally, katie's painting journal is finished.
ideally, it is a resource for teachers -
to journal the painting process


and to perhaps get ideas for teaching painting with kids.

that would equal five weeks of katie learning to

draw
stress herself out
drink coffee
freak out
procrastinate
get wonderful help from distant artistes

paint.

and eleventy billion hours of
compiling the ultimate resource -

because - on the one hand, i hate being graded -

but on the other hand - if i'm gonna be graded,
i'm gonna give it my all.


so if i was my art lecturer grading my drawing/painting,
i'd give myself an A+ for effort. lol.

and if i was eight,
i'd be pretty impressed with my offerings.
lol again.


and if i was grading my love of arranging stuff/sewing stuff/refashioning stuff/researching stuff/making stuff i'd be really happy with the result.


let's hope my art lecturer is too.

so - katie's painting journal is completed a week early.

that is spelled
o-b-s-e-s-s-i-v-e a-d-u-l-t s-t-u-d-e-n-t.


PS this sounds rather up-myself, but it looks amazing irl - all the textures and layers make it really interactive, like one of those toddlers' books with the zips and buttons, you know? i always wanted to make one of those lol.
PPS yeah, i think i got my macro button foncused with my unmacro button on the camera - blondie again.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Mel (aka lurker) said...

Very, very, very cool. Looks amazing Katie-girl. Def an A+ in my book. xx

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Jacinta said...

WOW! It's absolutely stunning...what an amazing job.

;)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Katepai said...

Looks fantastic... and take it from a scrap booker... it will def look better IRL you bet ya.
And a week early!!!!

Yay

kate

2:48 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

It looks absolutely beautiful!

8:50 PM  
Anonymous sharyn said...

Wow wow wow!!! I can't wait to see it off-line! You've done a great job Kate, and yep it's an A+ for sure. The art oozes out of you.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

That is SO amazing Kate......definitely an A+, creativity just oozes out of you:-)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Ardern said...

Ooohh love it, its beautiful, you could frame each page and hang it on the wall....

11:22 AM  
Anonymous teeni said...

This is fanTAStic! I've never seen such a beautiful compilation of art and lessons learned all in one beautiful package. What a great idea and what a wonderful job you did with it. I hope you get an awesome grade! Well, of course you will! :) Thanks for sharing it with us. I loved seeing it!

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so gorgeous, I'm sure you'll get an A+...I've missed a billion posts, my bloglines is still not picking you up.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does look very fab indeed. I laughed re the toddler book. I rather like those - with the furry bits, and snakeskin bits. Nothing like a good fondle.

Not so sure about the finishing things early though - I have never done that!!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Setiuz Mama said...

Kate you flippin legend! That's awesome!! The colour and layering just so resonates with me. Quit being so hard on yourself. That is fabulous piece of work, you're a natural.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous wannabe half-er! said...

It ooozes creativity, it looks good enough to EAT! Even though it's been a bit like running an art marathon (!!!) pun on the half marathon (!!!) I think it has been a rich and rewarding process, you've got so much to show for your fear and trembling, and now *lookit* it's done, and it's wildly beautiful. You make something so tangible out of all the seasons of your life. xx

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH.My.Gosh!!!!!

Lady this is AMAZING! Wow, wow, wow! Seriously I am just mouth open here. What a labor of love and you did a fantastic job on it.

How much does my heart ache wishing I could sit at your table with coffee and flip through it with you.

A lot.

2:28 AM  
Blogger Antipo Déesse said...

Girl, you are AMAZING!

I give you an A++, right here, right now.

PS I am writing you an actual letter (!) but I haven't finished and so it has not been posted yet.

Good things come to those who wait, right?!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Nova said...

that is phenomenal! love it :)

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home