kate5kiwis: tap on my window, knock on my door, i wanna make ya feel beautiful.

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Thursday, April 30, 2009

tap on my window, knock on my door, i wanna make ya feel beautiful.

am having a bit of a maroon 5 blast on the stereo today – Bulldog has taken the kiddos to skool and he is staying to analyse data. I’ve been up 'til 2.30am analysing great bundles of data of my own. not being the consummate statistician, my head hurted a bit but land sakes, i never thought census stats could be so fascinating – i have been comparing lower decile areas (poorer peeps) to higher decile areas (richer peeps) in The Sunny Bay in terms of educational and employment opportunity. it’s the same stuff we all know – middle class people send their kids to middle class schools and push the poorer people out – and it’s slogged me in the guts again.


there have been two speshal deliveries arrive yesterday and today – both all the way from Canada! so there was snow and french writing on the front of the parcels...

oh, what was *inside*??

Sarah of the petit sac français sent both Woozie'n'me a handmade *fabulous* sparkly top each! and a delish bundle of fabric which i am gonna fashion into an apron for her (perhaps in june in my take-a-breath-space between semesters) – cos her daughter is going to skool this year – apron strings, you know.

and Anna, aka Beach Mama posted me a box full of pinkness. a *chanel* bag, and photo, and soap, and desk calendar – all handmade as part of the Pay It Forward thing a wee while ago. ah yes - life is good at the beach.

on the topic of french, here's a sound bite of my wee Woozie doing her speech in front of the class. just listen to this gorgeous effort -
woozie.mp3
(click the words lol. nope still not working. i have tried all manner of upload sites. but nuffin' is workin' and i've run outta time and energy for it. so if ya know me and you wanna hear woozie, email me and i'll attach the file specially for ya.)

it's le petit français speech all memorised and delivered fluently - i have told her that when she travels overseas and arrives in Paris and decides to stay awhile, she needs to make sure she earns enough euros to shout me an annual plane ticket.


3 Comments:

Blogger Ardern said...

You so deserve all the gorgeousness girlfriend. Loved catching a glimpse of you on Saturday. Missing your sunshine.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous BeachMama said...

Wow, I knew you lived far but that parcel really took a while to get there!

Glad it arrived and that the snow, hopefully, had melted off by the time it got there ;).

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeepers, that took for ages to arrive. Did the postman swim all the way to you? LOL!

Glad it's arrived and you like the tops. :) June is totally fine - when the muse speaks, I know you will be ready. :) Mwah from Canada! xx

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home