kate5kiwis: The YAHOO Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Sunday, March 08, 2009

The YAHOO Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roight then - this YAHOO triathlon -
angie, katie, heather
400m swim - was absolutely feral - panic stations all around.
people were grabbing my legs and kicking me in the head and my kids were running along the beach yelling, "Go, Mum!" and i got the hysterical giggles and took on some water.
i confess i put my feet down - got a glass cut for my trouble. but my arms were still swimming so i think that cancels out the legs.
say after me: SHOOTING THROUGH THE WATER LIKE A SILVER ARROW.
8.5km ride - loved wendy's bike -
rode like the wind, bullseye! (oh lookit that, a movie line)
i passed three cyclists... and eleventy billion serious cyclists passed me lol.
twice around the block, massive head wind.

3km run - ouch! i pinged my calf 1/4 of the way into it.
i ran and ran and ran and ran. i passed two runners. around the drinks station and back into the tail wind - stalked by the paparazzi again - aka The Fab Famdamily.
*superkatie* crossed the finish line at 47:55
AH SO, the sub-48... YEAH!!!!! freaking exhausted but ROCKING. THE. BAY.

fabulously extra good YAHOO news -
(pre race rub down by the cuzzies aka Sam and Jon)

Bulldog knocked FIFTEEN SECONDS OFF his previous 1500 metre race time.
so he came fourth in New Zealand, just like his last race at FIFTEEN years old.
talk about ROCKING THE BAY!!!!!
(better photos to come)


oh and i sent the sunshine vibes into the universe to win prizes at the post-race-finale
but must've got my frequencies crossed. lol.
next time then...


19 Comments:

Blogger Setiuz Mama said...

You're flippin marvelous! (both of ya) Well done...all those hours slogging it in the gym have paid off.
Treat yourself to a little more of a low key week.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Katepai said...

Oh my gosh you guys rock the sporting world...

I'm truly impressed at your sporting prowess. And you are both academic geniuses too!! I hate over achievers... might have to make you guys the exception!!

Loves

Kate

10:09 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

Oh lookit you go! That movie quote is one we use all the time, especially when running late...

Are you proud of yourself? You must be, supreme effort. I'm so totally impressed. I think I would die trying to swim 400m. I could cope with the bike - as long as there weren't any trees in the way LOL!!!!

And BD - Master indeed!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I am sooo impressed. Some major pampering is surely now in order?

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so freakin AWESOME! I just can't get enough reading about your adventure. I have always wanted to do something like this and now you've completely inspired me.
You my friend are a kick ass athlete!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Sharonnz said...

Go you!!!!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Ardern said...

Oh Skatey Katey, you did it my friend, sand in such good time too! Wow. Timing wasnt right for me and my bones/cold, nevermind, I wont stop the training as its just too good for us aye! My swimsuit just aint gonna look the same on me anymore after your knockers have given it the shape it deserved!!! xxx

9:36 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Can't say it looks like fun, lol, but ya done great. Actually the swimming and biking look like fun. I have to get you some piccies of *my* beach. It's not swimmable at the moment, though.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

freak-in awesome chook!!!!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate!!! How fabulous. You did it!!!! And wonderful photos from the fam, glad they were stalking you! Congratulations.

And for Bulldog, that is amazing too! You guys are just really Rockin' the Bay for sure.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics... wow, what a weekend for your family, and you both kicked a**!! Love ya's x

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Kate! Good on ya girl! So impressed.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kate! You and Bulldog are such inspirational parents and people! Fabulous! I might even be inspired enough to get in training next summer.... well, maybe I could start now, whilst there's still some sun and light evenings left... just!

Awesome!!!!!

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazing. And I loved the photos - how great that they trailed you.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Congratulations to ya... Wow you certainly put us less 'athletic' (read - lazy) sorts to shame! Good on BD too for being just as ace now as he was when he was a wee lad. Now I am off for a rest after reading your post, feeling quite tired....X

11:47 AM  
Blogger Mrs. G. said...

Girl, look at you GO. You're beautiful!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Wow! You are so awesome! And that man of your's is amazing too. What a team. Congrats!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

I LOVED this!! (I tried to tweet you the other day about race results, but the computer connection was hanging me up.)

So proud of you and inspired by you! Big xoxoxoxo!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Nova said...

oh my goodness go you good thing go!! *bows down*

(sorry bout the delay, my blog reader seems to be grabbing your posts in batches once a month?!)

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home