kate5kiwis: think or thwim

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

think or thwim

boy oh boy i am really missing this creative space. now i know why "two minute noodles" is the Classic Student Food - there is no time or inclination to create anything else. i am actually existing on caffeine, blind panic, and eclipse mints... and the odd bowl of muesli.

i even heard the silence of birdies sleeping at three o'clock this morning while filling in gaps for my first assignment - and posting three days late to my online forum because i am struggling to relate "teaching professionality" to my sixteen years' home educating experiences. i'm just a mum with a crazy hat.

not sure when i'll be back - probably shortly after i learn to draw. i'm not holding my breath...

7 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Poor you! Sounds manic! Here's hoping you keep your head above water...! ;-)

8:46 AM  
Blogger Katepai said...

Oh I know you can do it. Sending out intelligent vibes to you!!!

You will ace it I know!!!

Kate x x x

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a typical first week of school to me! Hope you are having super fun!!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

I remember nights of staying up until 1 or 2 in the morning writing papers, but I don't think I could do it now. You have stamina!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ♥ you.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

You're reading Betty -- it's about learning to see. :) The drawing part is easy, it's the seeing that makes my brain hurt! (And there's a Life-metaphor in there somewhere, Teach.)

Life has picked up steam here as well, leaving little time for blogging and commenting, but I'm going back through your posts that I have missed reading!

Enjoy the ride! xoxo

11:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kate, you're an inspiration. You've let your kids' sweet spirits lead their learning curve for a long time, and now you're following your own lead just as authtentically. Thanks for sharing your story here ...whenever you find the time.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home