kate5kiwis: Funny Bunny Moment

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Monday, October 06, 2008

Funny Bunny Moment

ohk, this is my sixth week at the gym, and i was feeling rather despondent on Sunday cos i thought i might've had Abs Of Steel by now. seriously. i am definitely fitter and stronger, and can see obliques starting to appear but still no Abs Of Steel. and i have been panicking a little bit cos even though i absolutely love the endorphin rush, the honeymoon is definitely over. and i am wondering how peeps have gym subscriptions for twenty years and still keep going... cos i've been a bit out of my groove over the last week cos it's hols and i've been indulging... say no more.

it's funny what we THINK, and what we actually SAY. i rushed into the gym an hour before closing last night, and as i reached the top of the stairs, i spied The Boss Lady sitting behind the desk. i've seen her about oh, five times since i started there, she is a little bit scary. i whipped out my gym card, but before i even scanned it, she glanced up and said,

Scary Fairy Boss Lady: You've been here quite a lot lately, haven't you?

Katie Bunny: (thinks) Woah! I haven't even swiped my card yet! My name is not even flashing on your screen! I've seen you maybe five times?! How the hang do you know who I am?
Katie Bunny: (actually says) Uh, yes, I guess so.

Scary Fairy Boss Lady: You're our most frequent visitor.

Katie Bunny: (thinks) But I'm NOT a visitor, I have a membership at this gym!
Katie Bunny: (actually says) Uh, visitor?

Scary Fairy Boss Lady: Yes, you have the most frequent visits for the whole of September!

Katie Bunny: (thinks) I'm feeling rather guilty about the twenty three bucks a week that I'm spending on myself and... well, I have to get my money's worth!
Katie Bunny: (thinks) Look, I know I haven't tidied my room, but it's Saturday night and please oh please may I still go out with my friends?
Katie Bunny: (actually says) Uh, well I'm doing about six days a week. And I'm having a day off. That's ok...?

Scary Fairy Boss Lady: Yeah, uh, that's good.

Katie Bunny: (thinks) PANIC! Is she gonna tell me that I can only go four times a week? What about my Elusive Abs Of Steel?
Katie Bunny: (thinks) Ohgosh, am I THAT obsessed? I really thought those other Super Testosterone Injected Girls That Freak Me Out At The Step And Pump Class would be here at LEAST as often as moi!
Katie Bunny: (thinks) Gosh, that's awesome! I wonder if there's a Frequent Flyer pressie?

Katie Bunny: (actually says, nonchalantly) Ohk... thanks...

10 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

Don't you just wish that you could say what you think...but that people wouldn't think you're weird if you did.
Good Luck with the Abs of Steel...

12:07 PM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

Oh so cool - you must be one of those Gym Bunny beautiful people who always freak me out - cause they are always there whenever I go (well used to go...)

12:17 PM  
Blogger oacemama said...

6 days a week...go girl! That is definitely getting your money's worth!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Dude, maybe she thinks your stalking her. ;)

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doll, that is hilarious - knowing scary boss lady - I can see how that whole thing played out! Crack up... as I said, I think dna and genetics plays a big part in where we tone up first and drop weight from... I have a B cup boob and when I lose weight - lucky me, I drop down to an A cup! My kids have taken out the classroom pointer and shown me specifically where I need to lose the weight from - here, here, and here... but alas I only lose it from there, there and there - all the places I dont need to... BUT that is only in the first 6 weeks, lets keep on rocking with our 12 week challenge and see what happens to the other body parts - we're just getting started! (Ooo - less can me more too - you could drop it to 4 x a week and do specific body parts now that you have overall fitness and strength??)

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Rock! Six days a week is awesome. The gym I visit is only one floor down from me right now, and I am having a hard time getting there three times a week!!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well impressed.

I did laugh at your account of the encounter. You sound just like me - except sometimes what I am thinking accidentally slips out and then I try to cover it up and blather on and on and on like an idiot.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

You and Jodi know each other (I mean in blogland), right? She's doing some equally mindboggling workout schedule.

You girls go have fun. I'll be here on the couch if you need me. ;)

5:42 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Dedication is a rare thing these days - therefore it always elicits comment. ;-)

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, impressive! go you miss gym bunny

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home