kate5kiwis: hearts and flowers

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, October 03, 2008

hearts and flowers

ohk, i have been in *necklace heaven* this week. firstly i made an intriKATE necklace like this (but with extra "waves" wired around the front paua drops... oops! i sent it off by courier before i photographed it, soz) for *MONEY!* oh yes, katie is world famous in New Zealand now and might *not* have to work for Vizzini to pay the bills go back to university to re-become A Teetsher next year after all...
HA!!! oh i crack myself up.

and then i had another order for something speshal for a fortieth birthday pressie.

the TurningForty Girl is rather more minimalist than moi (we all know that i have a tendency to swish-and-grab in a pirate's treasure chest and throw it all around my neck)

and so i've chosen her a jeansy-blue foil bead and a brilliant blue big fat square-cut bead and mixed them up with a czech glass flower bead (to celebrate her childhood in the hippie-happy-seventies), and lots of baby blue and clear cut crystal bicones. and there's a big glass *heart* pendant hanging from a string of teeny tiny seed beads and swarovski crystals. so i know that sounds like a lot of beads to be "minimalist", but i think it looks sexy and chic and rahhhh-therrrr funky... and sophistiKATEd. and ya can even wear it with jeans. tick.
oh, and the big beads are arranged in *fours* and there are *ten* flower beads because 4 x 10 = 40.
*nods eduKATEdly and wonders if we can fit any more KATE words in here?*

oh, i just *love* my new butterfly clasps! they're so deliKATE!!!

modelled at sunset by the gorgeous rather goosebumpy Woozie.
(thanks chick, you are so patient with me!)

and now i'm off to try fabriKATEing (HA! *singing like Britney* oops, i did it again...!) my first ever Reversible Baby Shoes, because this is still The Year Of The Handmade Pressies, and pretty Kinsee has ever-so-suddenly turned *one*!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woman, do you have an etsy store?! This is fantastic! Loooourve the crystal heart and the blue just makes me swoon.

By the way, my kids saw a print I had sent to hay and saw that the adress was NZ and now they think I am a "WORLD famous" artist, lol.
Smooch,
a.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love the butterfly clips too. And I love that blue colour too although it does remind me that summer has gone from here.

Have a lovely weekend.

xxx

3:13 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

That butterfly clasp is cute. And blue is my favorite color, too! And those flower beads are sweet. You are quite the artiste, madame.

3:17 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love the colors and the chunky shapes!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

I've been sidelined with ennui-itis. I'm finally trying grab a visit here and there as I go about the Saturday chores and stuff.

These are just beautiful. I think that somehow you magically imbue them with sparkly Kate energy, as well, so that wearing them is like -- no, NOT a hit off a bong -- more like a B-12 shot!

You TOTALLY could make some bucks with your wonderful creations. Tell me where to sign up for the show of your wares ...

3:21 AM  
Blogger Setiuz Mama said...

I very much like!! Love the classy, intricate yet simple and minamilist feel. Once again another FABULOUS Kate creation.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I received the necklace and sparkle today - they are just perfect! And thank you for the 'surprise' bracelet - it's really nice to be able to share the moment :o) Fits beautifully - how did you know my size? ;o)

I highly recommend buying beautiful sparkles from Katie - she does a fantastic job and really 'personalises' the piece.

Jocelyn

8:07 PM  
Blogger Antipodeesse said...

OMG God Lovey, you are just AMAZING! I'm going to have to treat myself for Christmas and order another one!

xxxx

1:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful, Kate, just gorgeous, And I especially love how you made the bail for the pendant out of beads - I've never seen that done before and it really is brilliant :)

Liesl (using Kevin's computer!)

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home