kate5kiwis: change of season

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Sunday, October 19, 2008

change of season

I will not die an unlived life.
I will not live in fear
of falling or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days,
to allow my living to open me,
to make me less afraid,
more accessible;
to loosen my heart
until it becomes a wing,
a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance,
to live so that which came to me as seed
goes to the next as blossom;
and that which came to me as blossom,
goes on as fruit.
(Dawna Markova)

i found this poem today. it speaks to my heart as a mother, as a woman, as a person. if i was a photographer, i think i would match it to a *pink blossoms* picture. there are blossoms all over the trees here, and fruit buds beginning. winter is over. this time of year speaks of hope and change, happening gradually, in its good time.
c'est la vie.
carpe diem, katie X

7 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Reading the poem on an early, dark, Monday British morning... it's a fine way to start the week.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Sharonnz said...

Gosh - what a superb "mothering" poem!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I choose to risk my significance"...

Best line ever. I think I will hold that close to my heart for a long time. Thank you for sharing it love.
Btw, you ARE a photographer and a great one to boot. Go, go now and take a pic of those lovely pink blossoms you described. I want to see them katie-style.
:)
Much love always,
a.

11:43 AM  
Blogger spread your wings said...

what a wonderful poem. I think I will print it out and hang it on my wall. thanks for sharing.

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear I feel such a failure you know when confronted (oops that is a telling choice of word!) with poetry. I just don't get it. never have. My daughter writes poetry and I have always tried to get it - but don't.

I think it is my mathematical brain - I can't cope with short lines, I turn them into numbers or they feel like sums. I don't know what it is but I just can't see it!!!

Maybe one day I will wake up and see the light?

I get Dr Seuss and nonsense rhymes!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

kate, you've been tagged by the good ship Bloggertropolis...!

7:17 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

steve
awesome. yes, every time i read it, it speaks something deeper to me X

sharon
love it. love the imagery, love the encouragement X

andie
bwahahaha, i'm borrowing Hay's pink blossom on her flickr!
yes, that significance thing is a biggie X

s.y.w.
cheers, bears. good idea - i think i'll print it out too X

r.b.
lol... a poem, to me, is just a long sentence. or maybe two long sentences without Eats, Shoots or Leaves...
and that's why i love poetry!
and i really love Dr. Seuss too X

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home