kate5kiwis: La Première

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

La Première

oh, k... so late last night i was backwardsing and forwardsing with Nik (who is gonna swap an apron too!) and she was coming up with some incredibly hilarious very helpful suggestions:

by ten thirty i was getting a little bit freaked, this being my First Ever Apron an' all... and as we all know, aprons are rather close to my heart this year. so i thought i'd better try out abby's little tutorial.

i'm a kinaesthetic learner. i am hopeless with recipes or patterns. and i hate filling in forms too. all those lines and squiggles make me instantly *foncused*. love that word. so i read and re-read the luffly instructions... and got rather foncused. thankfully, abby also has pictures.

How can you read this? There's no pictures!
Well, some people use their imagination.
(guess the movie line)

so i followed the pictures instead, using an old sheet and pillowcase that i *found* in my linen cupboard.
and here she is: Katie's First Ever Apron...

even though the tutorial has no pocket,
i decided to add one:

and my name,
because they're Katie's very own,
Very First Unattached Apron Strings.


7 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

all about blue-n-white.....she's beautiful!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Carnies said...

Oh I love it!!! Can't wait to get my name swapped!! :) Mwah

4:25 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

nice apron Kate :)
Jen

6:46 PM  
Blogger Sharonnz said...

Sweeeet. Looks like Rach & I will have to have a fight to the death if you ever do another blue'n'white;-)

9:59 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Gorgeous apron!

Movie line: Beauty and the Beast. Yeah! I know one!

3:41 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

Wow, she is so pretty! I think I have a pink sheet like that in my linen cupboard... Been thinking about some extras I could include with the swap - some Kiwi recipes maybe? A couple of vintage kitchen thingies?

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great apron! And your first one too.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home