kate5kiwis: Little Miss Flossy and the Frilly Frou Frou Bag

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Little Miss Flossy and the Frilly Frou Frou Bag

I happened across Floss's blog a couple of months ago. She's nicknamed Floss on account of her hair, which looked like spun golden candy floss when she was a wee girlie. It turns out that she lives in the Deep South and inspires classrooms full of kids, making delish things all day long. The other day I noticed that Floss had a wee français-inspired project dancing around on her sewing machine. This is what she wrote about it:

I've had this little bag on the go for a while now. It was inspired by a conversation at school and made with someone quite specific in mind. It's been very time-consuming but also a total work of love. It's not often an idea from my head actually works but I've enjoyed making this and it looks just like I imagined it would. Originally I thought the frills looked like the ruffly petticoats a Can-Can dancer might wear but Sophie thinks it looks more like a little girl's pinafore. Which is why we sewed the straps on from side to side, so they look a bit like suspenders.
and isn't it *absolutely gorgeous*???

A couple of weeks ago Floss offered me her feijoa cake recipe, and insisted that all gifted recipes need to be handwritten. So I duly gave her my snail mail addy. Guess what I tripped over on my way outside this morning to kiss Bulldog off to work?
A BIG CARDBOARD BOX.
And guess what was nestled inside that BIG CARDBOARD BOX?
*shrieks ear-splittingly*
A Frilly Frou Frou Bag (
aptly christened by Little Miss Flossy) tucked into tufts of tissue paper and snuggled up with a feijoa cake recipe!!!!! I was so blimmin' excited, I took her (the bag) straight out to la plage (the beach). And went off in search for the *exact* bunch of lollies to thread into a bracelet for Floss. Hmmm, what would a Frou Frou Dancer stash in the bottom of a Frilly Bag? A big handful of liquorice allsorts, that's what:
Voilà Floss, a Petit Français Frou Frou Bracelet pour vous!!!
Thanks so much for the *fairy floss* moment, and the luffly frilly *fairy dust* bag.
You may now lick your bracelet X

6 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i like that bag too
Jen

now im off to visit her blog
I quite like blogging with NZers
especially you the lovely Katie

Jen

5:45 PM  
Blogger Sharonnz said...

I've "known" Floss for a number of years now and was so pleased to refind her through her blog. I've even been blessed enough to meet her in real life. I've been so inspired by all her creations! How cool you got the bag!!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

Quick, get me a cloth to wipe the dribble off the screen before Tim gets home! You are a total mind reader, I LOVE liquorice allsorts. Just the other day I was slobbering over a set of kitchen ceramics painted in liquorice allsort colours and now I have some to wear around my wrist all day. I'm glad you like the bag, I had great fun sewing it. And as for Shazza and those gorgy redheads of hers... we do go back a long way. Before the turn of the century even!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

So much fun! Didja see I got your bracelet?

6:15 AM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

A visual treat! Both the bag and the bracelet! The pictures and the post make me happy. :)
I'm off to visit Floss's blog --

9:51 PM  
Blogger Carnies said...

oh gorgeous - i especially love the black and white thing you got going on. love those liquorice all sort lollies/beads, just fab. if you ever want a day trip of eye candy, head over to tirau - only 40 minutes away awaits the most delightful eye candy town - full of exquisite things to feast ones eyes upon xx

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home