kate5kiwis: a listening ear

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

a listening ear

a few times over the last few days, i've noticed M6 dashing by with the lid of his green fluorescent bendy pen jammed firmly into his lug hole.
upon my incredulous-but-trying-to-sound-oh-so-casual inquiry, it transpires that it's his telephone, "...it's only pretend mum, but i can talk to people just like on a normal phone."

of course.
*flashback*
the ear-stashing must be a family trait which skipped a generation:

as i remember it, the tale of my uncle lew goes that, as a kid, he used to roll up bits of paper and pop them in his ear.
many. years. passed.
during his late forties he awoke one morning with a bit of hearing trouble...

(you know where this story's going, dontcha?)
yep, he went to the doctor and a scroll of ancient paper was tweezed out of his ear...

*kate goes off singing very loudly*
cos ya can't hear the teacher with *beans* in your ears, *BEANS* in your ears.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Yup,yup,yup. With my dad, it was peas up his nose and a trip to the doc. (Immediately, not 40 years later.)

Tell M6 that soon, he won't need his green pen-cap phone, because we will all have a chip implanted in our heads to facilitate communication.

At least that's what my son says ...

3:29 AM  
Blogger Mrs. G. said...

This is almost as bad as when my son tries to open things with his theeth.

4:09 AM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

I can't believe your uncle didn't know - a couple of years ago (about 3 days before Xmas) I was just about asleep when a spider crawled into my ear. It was the most horrible thing, and I was up all night squirting water in it, I had a bath, hoping it might float out - and nothing worked, at about 8.01am I arrived at the doctors for them to remove, quite a sizable spider - not amused. Grant thought it was so funny, and from then on would get a piece of string or whatever and tickle my head, just to see my reaction - not pretty!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Sister just had some strange object tweezed out of her ear. She thought she was going deaf.

I hope M6 sticks to larger pen tops and nothing small, for your sake. Hope there are no trips to the hospital.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!@

3:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what's cool is that you saw fit to take a picture of this.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home