kate5kiwis: love story

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Sunday, March 09, 2008

love story

He arrives home, his brain full from an unexpected Sunday at the office. He finds me, fatigued from five hours of tidying, cleaning, trying to keep four other kiwis happy and helping. He sends me to a quiet place, he couriers me a medicinal glass. He wafts through the kitchen, creating comfort for the hungry, the thirsty, the weary. He bathes us in words of peace, of love, of treasure hunting later in the afternoon. I read my book. I find a lovely poem and muse upon it whilst sipping and savouring. He feeds us his signature Dog's Breakfast, a wonderfully comforting steaming mash of two-minute noodles and bacon, onions, grated carrots, corn; followed by Perfect French Toast made with yesterday's baguettes and drizzled with maple syrup. We all collapse in a heap in the lounge, surrounded by a happy ever after movie. He cleans up the kitchen. He takes gleeful kids on the afore-promised treasure hunt, leaving me again with uncluttered quietness, a sunny breeze caressing yesterday's sun-kissed skin. He returns home after hunting and gathering hot chippies with the children, curls into a comfortable heap on the floor and promptly falls asleep.
This, then, is love. My true love.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

awww thats really sweet auntie x

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh....bliss....lucky you.

Afterthought:I'm lucky too

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post babes, beautiful life, beautiful love. :) xxxx

10:44 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

bless that man of yours
hes a real honey
no wonder you have a wonderful family :)
have a great week my friend

6:57 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

Oh I loved reading this... what a pick-me-up. Sounds like a blissful end to the weekend.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just beautiful, you Hubby sounds just wonderful.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home