kate5kiwis: and i'm F-R-E-E-E-E-E-E.... FREE FALLIN'....

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Sunday, December 09, 2007

and i'm F-R-E-E-E-E-E-E.... FREE FALLIN'....

falling off the wagon, that is.
*bonk*
*ouch*
but i now have a vision of Tom Cruise driving down the highway, belting out that song...
hands up who loves that movie??
hands up who obsessively flicks radio stations in the car just like Jerry???

yep, strange, this wagon thang.
especially after all the delish comments the other day.
but hey, i'm putting it down to hormones (those poor hormones are such a wonderful excuse), and getting straight back on that therrrre wagon.
in a minute.
straight after i scoff this bowl of *katie's divine CORN CHOWDER*


which is chock-full of poh-tay-toes and c-h-e-e-s-e and b-u-t-t-e-r...
oh, and i had eight pieces of salmon and avocado sushi for lunch too.
and i ate eight sushis (now i am thinking that "sushi" is the plural of sushi?) last night for dinner. *and* i sneaked six pieces of chocolate. *and* a candy cane off the tree, even when we had no visitors. i know. and i must've been in such a hurry that i managed to scoff some plastic wrapper too, and spent ten mins trying to extract said wrapper from my teeth.

"hi, i'm kate, and i'm addicted to carbs."
this is where we all stand up, place our hand over our mouth on our heart and chant *tomorrow is a brand new day*

11 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Bean said...

tomorrow is TOTALLY a brand new day beautiful miss katie. you are doing so well!! mmmm yummmo dinner...

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do like Toms movies
and yum your corn chowder and even more yum sushi
we only live once
jen at http://my3boysandi.wordpress.com/

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That chowder looks nice. I've never eaten chowder, something I think YOU should remedy, next time I'm in the Sunny Bay.
As for wagon falling, there's not one I haven't fallen off yet and I've never broken anything.
What?
Who said that?
Where am I?
xxxx

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well thank goodness for that, I was starting to get a bit freaked out that I was the only fat person left on the planet! You wouldnt want to visit my place tomorrow if you are still off carbs, all I have is a fridge full of left over BAILYEY's FUDGE CAKE and carrot cake - see what I have to put up with! Love ya Kate, will be home tomorrow afternoon, so barge us!

Where do they choose these random word verification things from anyway, todays one... fmeter!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Phara said...

You seriously need to post that recipe on your blog...now...today...it's sleeting here and I need a recipe before there is ambush that I'm making yet another frozen pizza.

2:59 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

hand over my heart until The Day After Christmas.
I'm waiting till we go camping with GDandB coz a) it's already too late to lose anything of significance before camping and b) having someone else around will stop me sneaking anything verboten and c) by then it might actually be sunny which ought to be inspiration in and of itself!
Dec 2 hand over mouth

10:54 AM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

Thanks for coming back down to our level - there is nothing worse than a friend who has loads of self control, and loses weight, and leaves you a few kilos behind trying desperately to catch up..!! (unless it me leading the race..!)
Good luck with the new day - I think I am with Rach - a new year!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wee say, LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! You go girl. I'm with hippyhappyhay - bet you didn't break anything, and with Phara - Yep, need that recipe PRONTO! Least you're not doing the Fan thing for the Jan thing - then I'd be worried - you can fall off the carbs wagon any day and still be safe, not so with the Fan thang!

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

truly you girls... It reminded me a bit of what my kids have been doing lately! (we've had the gastro bug again!) Not bagging your chowder Kate, but would've rather seen a pic of your spunky skinny a**!

3:20 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

SB
i hear you, thanks a million. you are The Perfect AA Member X

jen
i don't care what everyone else says, i like Tom too (that's Movie Tom, not IRL Tom lol) X

heyhay
i will totally make you chowder. or if ya can't wait, you could wave your own magic wand X

ang
yeah, i guess that's *f* for "fridge"???
gonna totally barge ya, but it was raining hugely today, so we're gonna bring the sunshine up the whaka one day soon, k? besides, there's a Whole Lotta Naughty Stuff in your fridge today... X

phara
just for you
love X

rach
you are such a contortionist, i will ply you with *katie's sexy chocolate cake* on sunday X

leighleigh
what are you talking about??
you are ms svelteness herself!!!
or you were for the BWoF.
i told ya we need another one.
oh, that's right, there *is* one this coming weekend lol X

nik
bwahahahahahahaha
i almost fell over laughing when the gorgeous deb sent me that text... told ya i had great difficulty trying *not* to explain it to da kiddos!!!
so funny X

8:48 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'm sure you'll hop right back on that wagon, and be your same svelte self!

I don't think I could live without potatoes. Maybe it's the Irish in me.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home